PDA

View Full Version : Touring Owners: When the rear gate is open is there a warning light in the dash?

stilljester
11-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Does the same thing hold true for the rear glass?
Thanks

ricola
11-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Just checked mine. No dash warning.

attack eagle
11-20-2006, 12:54 AM
no dash idiot light, but in the display it will say tailgate open

stilljester
11-20-2006, 07:45 AM

Yeah I'm not getting the warning and I'm wondering if that has something to do with why my handles don't work. Any idea where the lift gate open/closed switch is?

Mr Project
11-20-2006, 07:49 AM
I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that when NOTHING worked on the tailgate itself, the warning still worked, so I think it's in the body. When I peeled the harnessess back to repair them, I don't think there was a single wire unbroken, so I think if the 'tailgate open' sensor was in the tailgate, mine would not have been working.

stilljester
11-20-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't know for sure, but I can tell you that when NOTHING worked on the tailgate itself, the warning still worked, so I think it's in the body. When I peeled the harnessess back to repair them, I don't think there was a single wire unbroken, so I think if the 'tailgate open' sensor was in the tailgate, mine would not have been working.

Yeah I repaired all of the wires in my rear lid which solved several problems with the brake and lic. plate lights but still neither handle works. I tested the switches for the handles and they work fine. So thinking something else is to blame. I'm not getting any sort of message the rear gate is open...

stilljester
11-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Just checked mine. No dash warning.

Do your exterior handles for the glass and gate work?

ricola
11-20-2006, 08:48 AM

My display works for the hatch, but I don't have a display message for the glass. Are you sure the display shows for the glass independently?

All my other rear lights and such are working. If the display is supposed to work for the glass, I need to fix mine.

BTW: Your Touring is SIC !

cbbmw
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Talking about rear hatch issues, does anyone else experience sporadic operation of the arms that hold up the glass back? Sometimes they do a good job, but most of the time won't hold the glass up. Do I have holes in the arm or something?

Ross
11-21-2006, 10:56 AM
They are just weak. temperature seems to effect mine.