PDA

View Full Version : OT: Assylum for Car induced psychosis

Jehu
11-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I have a '99 Chevy van as well as the 540 and its been misbehaving. It would start and run fine except for recently a loose serpentine belt that was squealing but some days it just wouldn't turn over and start.I could hear the fuel pump whirring and i had power but no dice. Yesterday i stared it as i wanted to go get the belt replaced and drive it to a place who expressed an interest in buying it but gave up when i realized how much junk for which i had to find a place before i got rid of it was cluttering the back and it could use a cleaning inside so after it started i just went inside figuring I'd start that project today.I got a good bit of cleaning done and when i went to start it, nothing BUT this time something was different. The Fuel Gage was pinned way up past Full and i did not hear the fuel pump motor, The ignition cycle also didn't reach as far long as it usually would even when it didn't start.It has been raining here a lot and as i checked the relevant fuses and changed a Fuel Pump relay i checked the ECM which did have water on the case so i moved the wire harnesses some to set them hoping water was just interfering but still nothing so i blew a head gasket.I mean i just lost it since its going to pour like hell overnight and we won't have full Sunshine till Tuesday( its already been rainy and gloomy since Sunday)I just felt like I'd been cursed because i didn't do what i needed to yesterday when it was running..I had planned to sell this thing before,nearly a year ago then an oil pump failed,then the ECM turned up drenched in brake fluid when someone left the reservoir cover ajar, then the fuel pump went, then it needed Tranny Sensors and while AAMCO had it they left it out in the rain with the hood up and the ECM drowned so i had to beg the shop who put it in to ask their supplier to replace it though they weren't obliged.They did but i had to pay AAMCO to install it,then to pass inspection i had to replace the rotors and tires. so in the last year since i decided i wanted to sell it I've sunk a few thousand and untold hours of stress into it and it STILL isn't reliable enough to even drive to sell...A man can only take so much BS.

**MIRACLE**
It started.I went back out, fiddled around with every wire coming or going from any relay box,fuel pump related harness,ECM etc.Not that any of that did anything as it didn't start right after doing all that but i just kept trying it,turning it over and just one last time ..... Shazammm... deafening squeal from the loose belt,neighbors looking out windows so i took it for a spin.. to get the battery juiced up. Hopefully it'll start tomorrow and i can get the belt replaced and sell the thing before this Spring like Winter Weather dumps snow on us and i have to figure out how to move two cars when the Plow truck comes and we're mandated to move or face towing and fines.. I hate Condo living... its like a warehouse for your bones..at least it doubled in value since i bought it,i can buy more of a spread if i can figure out where to move.. Any ideas? Halleluyah!