PDA

View Full Version : Heat Control Lights

Rick
11-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know how to replace light bulb(s) for the fan speed and temp. gauges in a '92 525? While I have found instructions for the heat control panel bulbs, and I can easily get the radio and clock out, I can't find the bulb for these 3 gauges.

Elekta
11-16-2006, 07:47 AM
once you get the temp wheel and slider assembly out, you have to unscrew the white backing to get at the bulb. Take that bulb with you to the dealer or else he will give you the obc bulb which has the plastic mounting bracket glued to it that you don't need. Be very careful unclipping your sliders because they will break off in your hand. Your radio wires need to stay clear of the bottom slider too when you put it all back together.

It goes if I remember correctly. Radio, OBC, AC defrost, then unclip sliders, un plug return ac air fan, one other plug, and then the temp control panel should come out. Flip it over and look for the bulb location. I uncrewed more than I needed to, so someone may have the faster disassembly procedure at this point for you. Some pics of this part of the process would be handy

good luck and it's a great diy fix when all is lit up light it's supposed to.

Rick
11-16-2006, 01:04 PM
once you get the temp wheel and slider assembly out, you have to unscrew the white backing to get at the bulb. Take that bulb with you to the dealer or else he will give you the obc bulb which has the plastic mounting bracket glued to it that you don't need. Be very careful unclipping your sliders because they will break off in your hand. Your radio wires need to stay clear of the bottom slider too when you put it all back together.

It goes if I remember correctly. Radio, OBC, AC defrost, then unclip sliders, un plug return ac air fan, one other plug, and then the temp control panel should come out. Flip it over and look for the bulb location. I uncrewed more than I needed to, so someone may have the faster disassembly procedure at this point for you. Some pics of this part of the process would be handy

good luck and it's a great diy fix when all is lit up light it's supposed to.
Thanks for the details on how to replace the bulb. I now have a weekend project.