PDA

View Full Version : Stomp test does not work help please...

bmw540
11-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Hello,

The stop test on my 540 does not work.

Is there another way of getting the error codes

suntorn
11-14-2006, 11:19 PM
i thot the same thing, until yesterday... as soon as you turn that key into the second position, you have to pump it 5 times quickly.

it does work, just get ur timing down.

bmw540
11-14-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah tried that but no success is there another way?

shogun
11-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Your Australian specification car does not have the stomp test. That is only for US spec cars.

Also here in Japan the cars do not have a stomp test feature.
That was a requirement from USA for imported cars to have that.
Buy a Peake tool
www.peakeresearch.com

Or look into the Bentley repair manual and see which wires are for the stomp test. You have to install 2 wires from the MOTRINIC to the cluster and internally something.

bmw540
11-14-2006, 11:50 PM
bugger that would be my luck...

do you know what wires and where they are?

shogun
11-15-2006, 12:06 AM
OBD diagnosis for E32 750 from 5/91 with DME 1.7,

make a wire from the ECU/MOTRONIC I and ECU/MOTRONIC II pin 8
to cluster panel connector X502 pin3 and install a bulb in the cluster for the check control.

DME 1.2 up to 05/1991 does not work.

Also the DME M3.3 works, same pin 8

That is all I know. You have to study the wiring diagrams, on the 750 E32 I have tested it, it works, from the other ones I only have read about it.
No guarantee from my side, pls do not complain to me if you bust your DME with wrong wiring.

Bentley Manual has it, read it and study it, also there I found it after long time studying the wirings.

jbourke
11-15-2006, 04:10 AM
make a wire from the ECU/MOTRONIC I and ECU/MOTRONIC II pin 8 to cluster panel connector X502 pin3 and install a bulb in the cluster for the check control <snipped rest>

Shogun,

Do you know if non-US cars are prewired? I am planning to retrofit this feature and if prewired it will be simply a matter of wiring up a LED in the instrument cluster. If not I'll probably fit a led in the E-box.

Cheers,

John

shogun
11-15-2006, 04:27 AM
No, they are not pre-wired as far as I know from my car.
Maybe other models or years yes, no idea.
But the cluster has the bulb holder in all models. It is just empty in non US models.

vadim_braia
11-15-2006, 07:30 AM
I tried to retrofit the check control bulb , but no success . :(

vadim_braia
11-15-2006, 07:31 AM
i run a wire from pin nr 15(computer) to pin nr 3(dashboard)

genphreak
11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
bugger that would be my luck...

do you know what wires and where they are?It was a requirement by the US government to protect the Indies from being prevented to do basic diagnostics, hence deliveringa monopoly to the car manufacturers' Dealer service centres. In Oz our Government is too busy fixing the real problems to worry about little things like local jobs. You need to get a peak tester or setup a PC hookup and some diagnostics sofwtare. It involves a cutom PCB and connectors to run over to a PC via an RS-232 Serial link. See Shoguns' page for links, there is one in Norway and one in Germany that have made cables and these adapter boards so they could do it all themselves. :) Nick