PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Used Parts to Canada - Does customs duty apply?

talltorontoguy
04-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey guys, thinking of getting some used parts from the US. Is there a duty on used auto parts being shipped to Canada?

Anyone have any experience on the forms that have to be filled out when the sender ships?

Thanks guys,
R

632 Regal
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
shouldnt be a duty charge since the package was from your friend just returning some stuff you borrowed to him.

:D

GS535i
04-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, thinking of getting some used parts from the US. Is there a duty on used auto parts being shipped to Canada?

Anyone have any experience on the forms that have to be filled out when the sender ships?

Thanks guys,
R
Most all my 928 & 535i parts come in from the US, both new and used. Try to stay with USPS: most smaller items will arrive direct, no charges. Larger items, or declared items of >$40/50 may have a $5 handling fee plus GST. Larger items via FED EX, UPS will also have brokerage, a killer for UPS!!
Re. declaration forms, a very simple issue for the shipper: just a statment of the contents and estimated value.

Unregistered
04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Contact the carrier (such as UPS) and they will specify the required forms and probably provide them.

Thanks guys,
R

talltorontoguy
04-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys,

Is the GST payable upon receipt or does the shipper pay GST up front somehow?

I like the "friend returning" concept, but unlikely that my friend would borrowed a set of springs... lol

:)

Thanks again gang,

Rod

GS535i
04-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys,

Is the GST payable upon receipt or does the shipper pay GST up front somehow?

I like the "friend returning" concept, but unlikely that my friend would borrowed a set of springs... lol

:)

Thanks again gang,

Rod
All charges due on delivery: your hassle, not the shipper!