PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Ferrari event we went to

Jon K
11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
My friend and I went to a Ferrari event, his father owns something from that manufacturer - bores us honestly.

So we went in the M6 and took some pics:

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0259.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0260.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0261.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0267.jpg

Jon K
11-13-2006, 01:43 AM
http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0277.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0278.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0285.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0290.jpg

Jon K
11-13-2006, 01:44 AM
http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0292.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0264.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0262.jpg

http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/Ferrari%20Luncheon/CRW_0276.jpg

If I had to drive one of these lousy italian cars, I'd drive the silver/grey 430 above. Other than that, I'll take the E24 M6

Thayne
11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Great pics.

|ncary
11-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Carbon Fibre is so hot when used in the right places

SC David
11-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Where are you going to put your groceries and subwoofers with engines in the back like that? I'd take an E34 over any of those. Maybe a Maserati would suffice.

Wes F
11-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Sheesh, not very big Ferrari fans around these here parts ;) I'd almost give my left nut to own any one of them 'beauts - you gotta admit that the harmonic wale a Ferrari v-8 or 12 can let out is pure accoustic pleasure. Everytime I'd hit the gas it would just put a smile on my face. Not to mention Ferrari's just ooze character, with their gorgeous lines, exclusivity, high end performance, and racing heritage that makes the name so world renowned. Yep, if I had the money, I'd have a whole stable full of them stallions (of course parked right next to my daily driver, my beloved e34 ;) )

Michael999
11-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Im with Wes on this :P

Id take an F430 over anything bmw offer :P

VentoGT
11-13-2006, 09:50 AM
The F355 is getting cheap[er] and still one of the most beautiful Fcars ever....some day...

azale
11-13-2006, 11:28 PM
If you want one, you better get good at rebuilding those engines.

A friend of mine drove his recent purchase from Chicago to Detroit last week: a 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS. Only about a hundred made. V-12, all original. Nice little car for the guy who has everything.

zygoteer
11-18-2006, 12:59 PM
If I had to drive one of these lousy italian cars, I'd drive the silver/grey 430 above. Other than that, I'll take the E24 M6
Your staggering comment is so naively misguided and surprising from some one who has apparently "thoughtfully" modifed their own car, I can only assume it emanates from lack of relevant experience.
... unless of course ... I have missed your sarcasm, in which case ignore this.

Where are you going to put your groceries and subwoofers with engines in the back like that? I'd take an E34 over any of those. Maybe a Maserati would suffice.
One wonders why anyone would want to install subwoofers (or groceries come to think of it) in a Ferrari or Maserati, when the 'native soundtracks' are simply in a entirely different league is beyond me.

Chowchilla Skunkwerks
11-18-2006, 02:46 PM
To each their own I guess. If you're worrying about subwoofers you need to go JDM. Maybe neon chassis lights next? These are beautiful pieces of machinery. I had the chance to drive a 365 Daytona Coupe about 30 years ago and the memory of the drive and sounds are still fresh in my mind. 2nd only to good sex..............
Rob

Ross
11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Ferraris are race bred sporting cars built by and for enthusiasts. Lousy they are not and modern ones are no more tempermental than BMs
Being biased is fine but remember our cars are taxis and police cars in the home market.

Montreal525
11-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Being biased is fine but remember our cars are taxis and police cars in the home market.

Hahaha... So true... I wonder if Italians would choose Ford Crown Victoria's and Chevrolet Impala's over Ferraris.... I would set fire to my 525 without hesitation if I could get any one of these Ferraris...

Jeff

Jon K
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Your staggering comment is so naively misguided and surprising from some one who has apparently "thoughtfully" modifed their own car, I can only assume it emanates from lack of relevant experience.
... unless of course ... I have missed your sarcasm, in which case ignore this.

Theres no sarcasm - I've driven Ferrari 355s and an ex co-workers 308.

Not impressed, sorry.

Atl530i
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
The only Ferrari I'd get :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/murray6475/Ferrari_Testarossa1.jpg

zygoteer
11-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Theres no sarcasm - I've driven Ferrari 355s and an ex co-workers 308.

Not impressed, sorry.

A 355 is a very sanitized car specifically designed (according to Enzo Ferrari's highly documented original quote) to cater for the "less able american market".
A 308 is different again being their first production V8 again targetted at the US market, but from an earlier era.

However neither in any way compares with my 288 ... you are now readily illustrating that you do not know enough about what you are commenting on in such a sweeping and genralised manner.

Jon K
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
A 355 is a very sanitized car specifically designed (according to Enzo Ferrari's highly documented original quote) to cater for the "less able american market".
A 308 is different again being their first production V8 again targetted at the US market, but from an earlier era.

However neither in any way compares with my 288 ... you are now readily illustrating that you do not know enough about what you are commenting on in such a sweeping and genralised manner.

I am not commenting on... blah blah blah whatever you just said. The 355 does not impress me. An F430 does, but for the money...

I know plenty - I out accelerate 355s from a roll and their handling isn't phenomenal enough to impress me.

genphreak
11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
The only Fezza I'd ever own would be;

- one I can maintain myself
- one worth keeping
- one that isn't downright ugly (in my mind that pretty much limits it to a 265/308/328 Dino (aka Magnum PI mobile)), something really rare (and thus impractical to own), or of course the classic 'Daytona' 365GTB.

An ex-racer like this one would fit the bill nicely.

http://www.imca-slotracing.com/images/Ferrari%20365-4%20nr22.jpg
But it'd be the most pedantic, fussy machine you could buy- it would need special care all the time, would require the most expensive clothes, makeup and beauty treatments, could only goto certain events and would always be complaining. You'd always be worrying about her and you simply would not be able to leave her anywhere...

I think I'd far rather the refined, fit for purpose engineering the Germans are reknowned for. But for something to tinker with and drive oh-so-occasionally, the 365GT4 would really be the business. I would definately go for a turbo E26 (M1) over it though... it'd be so much more fun to drive. If I was more of a shark man Jon, I'd probably prefer an E21 M6 before the Fezza too.

:) Nick

Kobe Diesel
11-21-2006, 06:18 AM
If you want one, you better get good at rebuilding those engines.

A friend of mine drove his recent purchase from Chicago to Detroit last week: a 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS. Only about a hundred made. V-12, all original. Nice little car for the guy who has everything.

this isnt the Ferris Bueller car is it? :D

VentoGT
11-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Zygoteer--do you have a 288GTO? If so that is a pretty damned big beast of a car--very very pricey though...not to say if I had the money I wouldn't, but....

pmlmotorsports
11-21-2006, 09:05 AM
I must say, for someone who treats his car like Dr. Frankenstein, you have just proved to me that you have absolutely no ability to appreciate the finer things in life.....nor do you have any taste. I won't even mention respect for the engineering these cars represent. If I get booted from this Forum for my comments, so be it....perhaps your "attitude" is why that cop gave you a ticket even though you claim you didn't deserve it. Nobody doubts your intelligence Jon, but your Snail logo and your modifications to a fine piece of german engineering leaves me wondering what type of clothes you'd wear to a formal event. Reading your posts, you'd probalby knock a traditional tuxedo in favor of something made of Alacantra. Get real, Ferraris and Lambos are the ultimate rides for anyone who considers themself an automotive enthusiast. ......and for the record, the modifications you made are inspiring, but your car is worth less AFTER the "custom" paint color, home-made exhaust, and dashboard abortion complete with the "half-assed-only-you-know-how-it-works" climate control.

Incantation
11-21-2006, 02:56 PM
drive an e24 m6 and you'll understand. my father has had one since '88, and in the 18 years he has owned it many other cars have come and gone.. but that's the only car he will never sell.

zygoteer
11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Zygoteer--do you have a 288GTO? If so that is a pretty damned big beast of a car--very very pricey though...not to say if I had the money I wouldn't, but....

Yes ... I am the 3rd owner, probably paid too much for it at auction in Monaco, May 2002, but I was determined not to miss out a 3rd time as they don't come up for sale very often.

Built late 85, but never run before January 86 - so is amongst the last made (not including the 'Evolutione' cars that were the the F40 forerunners).
... refer to my website sub-page '288' if you are interested enough to see.

zygoteer
11-21-2006, 05:02 PM
drive an e24 m6 and you'll understand. my father has had one since '88, and in the 18 years he has owned it many other cars have come and gone.. but that's the only car he will never sell.

I reply here to give you some context ...
I have sampled various M3/M5, E26 M1 and E24 M635CSi over the years (and also all the current M cars at the last Nurburgring test day), so I do understand some of what you say, but let's be real here - has JonK (to whom my comment was a response to, as he compared chalk and cheese with his 430/E24-M6 comment), you, or your father have ever sampled a 288 enough to pass meaningful comparitive comments ?

My daily driver is only an old 535, as that way I don't have to sweat about the risk of using it in manic everyday road traffic.
Oh and I too never sell a car, which is why I have way too many now I guess.

Incantation
11-21-2006, 07:04 PM
well.. i don't know about jonk. myself.. i've driven a lot of different rides.. and while many of them boast ridiculous numbers, they often aren't that great to drive. of course this is purely subjective.. but i have found the cars that are most enjoyable have a balance of handling/power.. the more you sway to one end, the less enjoyable they are. somehow the m6 just has this perfect balance..

regarding the 288, your question implies that unless you have driven every car out there you never can really say what is best, and i agree. and even if one had driven every car, their choice would be subjective anyway. how is the 288? definitely a sick looking ride

and with equal drivers i'm sure the 430 would embarass the m6.

pops has driven and can afford almost anything (within reason) but he doesn't bother.. the m6 is his love. he says he is too old to care about cars/bikes now anyway.. he's lost the enthusiasm.

MyE24M6isFORSALE
11-22-2006, 12:33 AM
hey guys, i am the owner of the M635csi. I just wanted to chime in this thread b/c i see where it is going. I have driven many many f-cars and i have to say that the 430 is the best car i have ever driven. That car does not compare to the testorossa, 355, 360, M6, whatever...The 430 is just insane and so is the price, but after all it is a ferrari. The 355 is a great looking car, ok handling, sickly sounding, but it isn't that quick...also in no way should it be compared that the m6 is a better car. The M6 might compare to the older ferraris in the 80's when the M6 was the "Bavarian Ferrari", but modern engineered ferraris which are still hand made are superior. My pops currently has a 355 F1 and i have given jon k a ride in it and he was happy about it. And for you who doesn't like his mods on his car or how he is decreasing the value...maybe he doen't care. he is building the car for him not other forums or anyone else besides him. it is just a regular e34 so even if he did put it back to stock it wouldn't be worth much anyway.

a ferrari is a ferrari
a bmw is a bmw

if anyone is interested in purchasing my euro m6 please get in contact with me.... email: Turbojettamk4@gmail.com

Jon K
11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I must say, for someone who treats his car like Dr. Frankenstein, you have just proved to me that you have absolutely no ability to appreciate the finer things in life.....nor do you have any taste. I won't even mention respect for the engineering these cars represent. If I get booted from this Forum for my comments, so be it....perhaps your "attitude" is why that cop gave you a ticket even though you claim you didn't deserve it. Nobody doubts your intelligence Jon, but your Snail logo and your modifications to a fine piece of german engineering leaves me wondering what type of clothes you'd wear to a formal event. Reading your posts, you'd probalby knock a traditional tuxedo in favor of something made of Alacantra. Get real, Ferraris and Lambos are the ultimate rides for anyone who considers themself an automotive enthusiast. ......and for the record, the modifications you made are inspiring, but your car is worth less AFTER the "custom" paint color, home-made exhaust, and dashboard abortion complete with the "half-assed-only-you-know-how-it-works" climate control.

I'd like to know what the hell you are talking about?! My dislike for Ferraris is a direct relation to why I got a ticket? I am not sure I follow you there sir... As to you talking about... other things, implying I am over the top... I am a conservative dresser, a relatively quiet person, and I don't go to college parts or drink alcohol but when its a special occasion (the last time i drank was my girlfriends birthday i had a beer at a restaurant). So, if you're imply I am some wild guy, think again.

Do you really think I build my car with resale in mind? Alan S (Alan_525i) was just in my car this past weekend, the climate control is pretty intuitive, there are only two knobs lol, blower speed and temp - if you can't figure it out, game over. I painted my car, so what? I am going to paint it again. Abortion of the dashboard? Uh huh.. anyway...

Home made exhaust? Do you even know the current status on my "home made" exhaust? It's damn freaking quiet now. If not for a "home made" exhaust, how does one put exhaust on a custom top mount Holset turbo 525i... I am sorry, I didn't see one listed on BavAuto.com

You do realize we have a 99% stock '95 530i in the driveway too right?

It's my car, it started as a '92 525i and is still one - you say it's worth less - how much do you want to wager that I'd fetch more money than I paid for the car if I listed it for sale. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, but the fact is I have been in 355, I have been in a 308, they have "cool" factor, but they didn't leave me dying to get back in. I have been in early '90's VWs that have given me more of a rush than a 355 F1 has :)

My pops currently has a 355 F1 and i have given jon k a ride in it and he was happy about it. And for you who doesn't like his mods on his car or how he is decreasing the value...maybe he doen't care. he is building the car for him not other forums or anyone else besides him. it is just a regular e34 so even if he did put it back to stock it wouldn't be worth much anyway.

Thanks PT :)

I think this is funny - I post pictures of an event we go to and say yeah F cars aren't for me they're cool but ehhh I prefer something more raw and balls out. You guys really need to start hanging out on the swedish forums to grasp what I am talking about.

Alan_525i was just in my car on the weekend - you should have seen his face when I dipped into the throttle in 2nd gear :)

/thread

VentoGT
11-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Pics of that 288GTO please...I went to the site but only saw one...those cars are very very cool and I would love the opportunity to drive one someday [though they are really damned rare so probably not]

Ross
11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Why the dislike of Ferraris?

Alexlind123
11-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Why the dislike of Ferraris?

They arent good enough for him.

Robstah
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Alright. Any true enthusiast will not consider a Ferrari a true car to own. Sure, they were great back in the day, but they just got boring at the end. The main problem is the cost. All I can say is, gimme a break. Cost and maintenance are key to a very healthy relationship with your car. Ferraris are for people with no driving skills and too much money. The only car I would ever consider in that price range would be a Koenigsegg CCX. Hell, I can get a Lotus Exige for 50k and enjoy it more than a Ferrari. I'd rather have an E30 M3 with an S38 turbo'ed to a decent 950rwhp than any super car. :D

Jon is right when he says that Ferraris are boring. I'd rather have a BMW (The Ultimate Driving Machine) any day. BMWs (even stock NA power) is a perfect balance of performance and handling, no doubt. And no, I am not a BMW fanboy. I have been there, done that with more cars than anyone can imagine.

Also, if you do not watch/have watched Top Gear before, then you don't know jack. :p

Jon K
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
They arent good enough for him.

Because they're not my taste - its not a matter of good enough or not. They come out of the factory a sports car and that's that. If the styling and driving is your taste, then hats off, if not, I won't bitch about it.

Ross
11-22-2006, 11:38 AM
As a matter of fact I do know Jack ****!
I would argue with you regarding your ignorant statement about the cars and their owners but find it difficult to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Whatever your tastes are is fine by me. BTW I would love to get you in a Ferrari of any kind on a track with one of those no talent drivers and see your reaction.

brosher
11-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the cool pics. There was a Ferrari event going on in Monterey last year. I was driving up rt 1 from San Diego in my hyundai rental. Every lookout we stopped at had countless exotics. I followed a McLarin F1 for about 40 minutes, that thing is pure sex.

pmlmotorsports
11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
my point was and continues to be simple. Read your posts. Anytime someone asks for opinions or thoughts about a set of wheels or a styling cue, you constantly make a negative statement, just a few weeks ago you made two such comments in the same 24 hour period. Specifically, the comments were applied to Gmannino's and Regal's wheels. I don't have enough time to investigate the previous "comments" and the dates or specifics, but those are the most recent examples of your inability to just say "nice, looks good" As for you comment about Alan S and his smile when you mashed the throttle, I could care less. I am sure his smile would be equally as telling if he sat in my car while my cousin Maria; the Hawaiian Tropic spokeswoman, was sitting in the back seat. One last thing, your exhaust comment is a perfect example of what I am speaking of. What does it matter the manufacturer of the turbo? Anytime you are "customizing" a car, you need to fabricate parts........but you seem to enjoy using terms and specifics that are not required to make your point. Yet you always seem to include such uneeded information. Who gives a rat's ass that its a top-mount Holset turbo? Anyone, anyone at all? Nope, only you. And one last thing Jon, if you ever drove a car at 100mph and killed somebody, you may reconsider your calm conservative claim. Calm and conservative people don't drive twice the legal limit. But hey, you're Jon K and the rest of us are mere asses who don't have your brilliance or arrogance. I'm still getting a chuckle from your comment that airbags don't work after 10 years........I guess that's why car manufacturers spend the money to use 24k gold contacts. And if you sincerely think it's ok to remove an airbag from a car to have a "cool looking" steering wheel, then I think your priorities speak volumes. Tell that to the member who lost his life in that head-on collision a few months back. Oh wait, you can't, he's no longer of this earth, but yet the old man with the smaller and lighter Ford Taurus is. I guess he just got lucky that his airbag worked..... yep must've been pure luck.

Knowledge does not make you smart, wisdom and respect are much more impressive and if applied, more beneficial.

I'd like to know what the hell you are talking about?! My dislike for Ferraris is a direct relation to why I got a ticket? I am not sure I follow you there sir... As to you talking about... other things, implying I am over the top... I am a conservative dresser, a relatively quiet person, and I don't go to college parts or drink alcohol but when its a special occasion (the last time i drank was my girlfriends birthday i had a beer at a restaurant). So, if you're imply I am some wild guy, think again.

Do you really think I build my car with resale in mind? Alan S (Alan_525i) was just in my car this past weekend, the climate control is pretty intuitive, there are only two knobs lol, blower speed and temp - if you can't figure it out, game over. I painted my car, so what? I am going to paint it again. Abortion of the dashboard? Uh huh.. anyway...

Home made exhaust? Do you even know the current status on my "home made" exhaust? It's damn freaking quiet now. If not for a "home made" exhaust, how does one put exhaust on a custom top mount Holset turbo 525i... I am sorry, I didn't see one listed on BavAuto.com

You do realize we have a 99% stock '95 530i in the driveway too right?

It's my car, it started as a '92 525i and is still one - you say it's worth less - how much do you want to wager that I'd fetch more money than I paid for the car if I listed it for sale. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, but the fact is I have been in 355, I have been in a 308, they have "cool" factor, but they didn't leave me dying to get back in. I have been in early '90's VWs that have given me more of a rush than a 355 F1 has :)

Thanks PT :)

I think this is funny - I post pictures of an event we go to and say yeah F cars aren't for me they're cool but ehhh I prefer something more raw and balls out. You guys really need to start hanging out on the swedish forums to grasp what I am talking about.

Alan_525i was just in my car on the weekend - you should have seen his face when I dipped into the throttle in 2nd gear :)

/thread

callen
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
the whining going on about Ferrari's. You'd think we were discussing abortion or Republicans.

Bottom line is Ferrari's are cool....and for some adding one would be the pinacle of our automotive collection.

For me.....Marenello 550 would be it...once I get one...and they're in the 6 figures now....I'm done.

:D

MyE24M6isFORSALE
11-22-2006, 03:15 PM
-550 Maranello is a great car, but kind of un balanced. when you floor it, it squats hard core and when you brake the front squats hard. It is definatly a "ferrari type" of a muscle car.

-and for you who get all uptight about what jon k says, don't take it seriously/personally. if you need something to make fun of him about tell him his head is huge and his car's clutch slips.:D, but i do agree with the airbag thing, if your car comes with one you don't take it out. i had the chance in my jetta to get r32 seats which are f-n nasty, but i went with the gti 337 recaro's b/c they had the seat airbags like my stockies. but still it is up to the owner and he won't change it up, maybe if his parents told him to.;)

Jon K
11-22-2006, 04:25 PM
my point was and continues to be simple. Read your posts. Anytime someone asks for opinions or thoughts about a set of wheels or a styling cue, you constantly make a negative statement, just a few weeks ago you made two such comments in the same 24 hour period. Specifically, the comments were applied to Gmannino's and Regal's wheels. I don't have enough time to investigate the previous "comments" and the dates or specifics, but those are the most recent examples of your inability to just say "nice, looks good" As for you comment about Alan S and his smile when you mashed the throttle, I could care less. I am sure his smile would be equally as telling if he sat in my car while my cousin Maria; the Hawaiian Tropic spokeswoman, was sitting in the back seat. One last thing, your exhaust comment is a perfect example of what I am speaking of. What does it matter the manufacturer of the turbo? Anytime you are "customizing" a car, you need to fabricate parts........but you seem to enjoy using terms and specifics that are not required to make your point. Yet you always seem to include such uneeded information. Who gives a rat's ass that its a top-mount Holset turbo? Anyone, anyone at all? Nope, only you. And one last thing Jon, if you ever drove a car at 100mph and killed somebody, you may reconsider your calm conservative claim. Calm and conservative people don't drive twice the legal limit. But hey, you're Jon K and the rest of us are mere asses who don't have your brilliance or arrogance. I'm still getting a chuckle from your comment that airbags don't work after 10 years........I guess that's why car manufacturers spend the money to use 24k gold contacts. And if you sincerely think it's ok to remove an airbag from a car to have a "cool looking" steering wheel, then I think your priorities speak volumes. Tell that to the member who lost his life in that head-on collision a few months back. Oh wait, you can't, he's no longer of this earth, but yet the old man with the smaller and lighter Ford Taurus is. I guess he just got lucky that his airbag worked..... yep must've been pure luck.

Knowledge does not make you smart, wisdom and respect are much more impressive and if applied, more beneficial.

Wow you're extremely ridiculous and I'd like to clarify a few aspects of this eronius post:

My comments about wheels - so if someone posts wheel pics I have to like them? Regal has #58s- guess what? So do i....

Air bag? Um, I have no idea why you're bringing this up in this thread but I'll humour it - my friends cousing is currently in a coma because of a low speed impact in his E30 where the airbag fractured his nose and caused trauma to his brain...

As per my speeding - you apparently aren't that inept at reading compression. I never did 100. Even if I did 100 that was not double the speed limit. Cop clocked me at "106". My 3rd gear cannot go to 106. When I questioned the police officer he immediately dropped the speed to 80 in a 55, do you think he really got me at 106? Me either.

I guess we better go out there and recall all E34s that didn't come with airbags. My steering wheel is functional sir. Better reel in all the 11 second drag cars running small steering wheels without roll cages...

I don't know what your problem is, in fact, I don't even ever talk to you. This thread is full of pics from a ferrari event that I am sharing with people and all I do is comment that I don't care for Ferraris and you lose sleep. P y s c h o

haha also, by the way, yes it is important that I rebute your comment about "home made" exhaust - you said that my home made exhaust is a perfect example of ... something. And I rebutled with "well I don't see any top mount Holset turbo exhausts at Bav Auto". Why are those details relevant? Because, if I DID have a bottom mount Garret turbo, I could easily buy a TCD or AA or TT or etc downpipe and turbo back ;)

But hey, you're Jon K and the rest of us are mere asses who don't have your brilliance or arrogance.

I ask people for help here, in case you didn't see my last..... 40 posts. Search my name, I just did, find something I said that is offensive outside of this thread.

Wes F
11-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Holy Jesus! This is seriously getting political - Jon, I guess you didn't realize the flaming you'd get by dissing the almighty Ferrari ;) I'd say that I agree with this:

the whining going on about Ferrari's. You'd think we were discussing abortion or Republicans.

Bottom line is Ferrari's are cool....and for some adding one would be the pinacle of our automotive collection. :D

Jon's entitled to his opinion, as is everyone else, but a Ferrari I would say would make the majority of automotive enthusiasts drool. All this talk about how Ferraris are for guys with too much money - aamm, yeah, they are expensive when NEW, as is the case with most other high end cars. Sure, they do hold their value over time, but there's a reason for that. How many of us would absolutely love to have an 8 series? I'd say most. Now how many of us have actually bought one brand new? I'd say slim-to-none. Enthusiasts don't really buy brand new (unless of course you have too much money ;) ). I'd wager that just about everyone on this website has not owned their e34 since new (back when they were bringing 40-50 grand).

My whole point is that you can't knock Ferrari because they are expensive. They are not crazy expensive, like Maybach/Phantom/Saleen/Pagani etc, ****, a nice F430 can be had for not too much for than a nice 760Li. I'm just saying that if I had the money (which is possible, I'll just pass on having kids for the next 20 years ;) ), a Ferrari would most definitely be in my garage.

Jon K
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Its my opinion I don't know why everyone got bent out of shape about it. By time I can afford a F430, I hope to spend that money in my E34 with an S38B36 biturbo setup that will smoke ferraris and send them back to their respected garages :)

misfortune
11-23-2006, 02:58 AM
it wouldn't be a jonK thread without the requisite drama

Jon K
11-23-2006, 03:01 AM
it wouldn't be a jonK thread without the requisite drama

I didn't start any of it.