PDA

View Full Version : oooooo.......mmmmmmm.....ahhhhhh

winfred
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-560i-V12-1995-BMW-530i-6-0L-V12-Hartge-installed-by-Korman_W0QQitemZ300046642976QQihZ020QQcategoryZ600 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BMWCCA1
11-12-2006, 10:36 PM
...no thanks!

Denton
11-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Repost! LOL.

NikosX's dad was going to buy it, but it goes through a clutch every 10k with easy driving, and won't pass emissions in AZ.

A shame. :(

Denton
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
...no thanks!

I wish I had ASC so bad in my 525, can't imagine the tire fire with an M70.

ryan roopnarine
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
forget that ebay jazz. the best part of that car was the eye candy! where are the desktop quality scans of the comely young lady!??!

winfred
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
**** traction control, the first thing i do when i get in a asc car is turn that **** off, even when i have no intension of smoking the tires, it ****s with the car too much, and sport seats can be bolted in :D i do want to find the throttle bodys they used, they look familiar and would solve one of the things i didn't want to add if i decide to build a v12 e34, i like how they used a v8 car with it's remote brake booster instead of converting to the crappy hydroboost system

...no thanks!

BMWCCA1
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
**** traction control, the first thing i do when i get in a asc car is turn that **** off, even when i have no intension of smoking the tires, it ****s with the car too much, and sport seats can be bolted in :D I guess my point was you can turn AST off—if you have it—but it's tough to turn it on if you don't! I don't have summer cars and winter cars. I just have BMWs. And the sport seat comment was more related to the other expense put into the car...why the hell not find some damn sport seat to really finish the car off properly? Shows me a decided lack of focus. They were building a conversation piece rather than a driver's car.

winfred
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
may of been a humongous lardass, hell i've even seen small people not like sport seats, not everybody squirts themselves over sport seats

why the hell not find some damn sport seat to really finish the car off properly? Shows me a decided lack of focus. They were building a conversation piece rather than a driver's car.

Denton
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
If you want to find more about the car, ask Korman.

And I can see a lardass owner keeping the comfort seats, although I want the sport seats.

winfred
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
i don't have the bank account to talk to korman, i copied the pic's for further study if i build a v12 powered car, at first glance they kinda look like modded m30 units

If you want to find more about the car, ask Korman.

BMWCCA1
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM
hell i've even seen small people not like sport seats, not everybody squirts themselves over sport seatsOf course you are right...no accounting for mouth-breathers, I guess. Though it's usually a cognitive-dissonance claim from those lacking the sports.

92E34
11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
won't pass emissions in AZ.

A shame. :(

Actually as long as its registered outside of phoenix you dont need to go through emissions.

winfred
11-12-2006, 11:35 PM
been doing this **** a long time now i know how these losers think

Of course you are right...no accounting for mouth-breathers, I guess. Though it's usually a cognitive-dissonance claim from those lacking the sports.

BMWCCA1
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
been doing this **** a long time nowSounds like you have! :) I'll still wager I more than double your years of experience. ;)

winfred
11-12-2006, 11:45 PM
only been at it 10 years, 12 if you count my time chasing parts at my first job

Sounds like you have! :) I'll still wager I more than double your years of experience. ;)

BMWCCA1
11-12-2006, 11:54 PM
only been at it 10 years, 12 if you count my time chasing parts at my first jobOops! I underestimated. I've got you by nearly three-times: Over thirty years. I was selling BMWs for a living when the 2002 was a new car. :Dhttp://www.bimmers.com/02/gallery/phil-70_1600c/thumb.gif

Qube
11-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Isn't this a repost? Meh. It's winfred. ;)

winfred
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
ohwell i didn't see it

Isn't this a repost? Meh. It's winfred. ;)

Denton
11-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Who's Winfred?

:p

winfred
11-13-2006, 12:33 AM
not just working on them but tearing them apart in our salvage yard too, that's a good knowledge gaining experience

Oops! I underestimated. I've got you by nearly three-times: Over thirty years. I was selling BMWs for a living when the 2002 was a new car. :Dhttp://www.bimmers.com/02/gallery/phil-70_1600c/thumb.gif

BMWCCA1
11-13-2006, 12:38 AM
not just working on them but tearing them apart in our salvage yard too, that's a good knowledge gaining experienceYou're right, that is good experience. Some of the best. I forgot I've been working on my own BMWs (and visiting salvage yards for parts) since I bought the first one on May 14, 1971. But who can remember that far back? :(

When you find some black E34 sport seats you can't stand, please keep me in mind!

Alexlind123
11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
You're right, that is good experience. Some of the best. I forgot I've been working on my own BMWs (and visiting salvage yards for parts) since I bought the first one on May 14, 1971. But who can remember that far back? :(

When you find some black E34 sport seats you can't stand, please keep me in mind!

You must be old, i was 1 year old for most of 1990...

Paul in NZ
11-13-2006, 02:27 AM
hmmm whats it like driving a 5 series with more than twice as much power,beatifully deliverd over the whole rev range as a 535.

ryan roopnarine
11-13-2006, 06:43 AM
and yet i wake up to see that nobody has provided me with pictures of **** magee posing in front of (what is likely to her to be ) "old ass 70s bmw".

mattyb
11-13-2006, 07:19 AM
fuken eh! Thats whats it all about, more horsies in the same wheels. 6L !I want one

winfred
11-13-2006, 08:37 AM
you can have the second set if i find any, if i have to ill buy another e34 to install them in :D

Fetch
11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
where are the desktop quality scans of the comely young lady!??!

I posted one in the original thread for this ebay auction,
and now, to my dismay, it appears that post doesn't exist.

I am over 99.9% positive I posted the desktop quality version of the girl & car to the original thread for this ebay auction. I remember posting it because somebody else mentioned the girl I think.

This is actually really annoying me, could the moderator who deleted my post tell me why the post/picture was removed, yet winfred's signature is ok? Because if a moderator did delete my post with that picture, I would really like to know why.

If I never posted it, I need to see a doctor about the pink elephant sitting next to me as well.

ryan roopnarine
11-13-2006, 09:15 AM
I posted one in the original thread for this ebay auction,
and now, to my dismay, it appears that post doesn't exist.

I am over 99.9% positive I posted the desktop quality version of the girl & car to the original thread for this ebay auction. I remember posting it because somebody else mentioned the girl I think.

This is actually really annoying me, could the moderator who deleted my post tell me why the post/picture was removed, yet winfred's signature is ok? Because if a moderator did delete my post with that picture, I would really like to know why.

If I never posted it, I need to see a doctor about the pink elephant sitting next to me as well.

um, ok. upon further consideration, i see that there are only two/three cheesecake pics from that item. my bitching will cease. and furthermore, a quick lookover of my desktop finds a file that matches the description of the one you said you posted, and its dated within the last week or so. im curious as to why somebody would take it out, unless they thought it made the thread NWS. the avatar/sigs can be turned off if one doesn't want to look at them, threads can't be, i guess.

BMWCCA1
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM
and yet i wake up to see that nobody has provided me with pictures of **** magee posing Do you mean this?
http://www.desmoparts.com/eBay/530i/m4.JPG

Fetch
11-13-2006, 10:35 AM
um, ok. upon further consideration, i see that there are only two/three cheesecake pics from that item. my bitching will cease. and furthermore, a quick lookover of my desktop finds a file that matches the description of the one you said you posted, and its dated within the last week or so. im curious as to why somebody would take it out, unless they thought it made the thread NWS. the avatar/sigs can be turned off if one doesn't want to look at them, threads can't be, i guess.

Ahhhhh, but thread images can be turned off my friend!

Fetch
11-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Do you mean this?
[IMG]http://www.desmoparts.com/eBay/530i/m4.JPG[IMG]
(img tags edited because the pic is massive)

OMG I JUST GOT FIRED BECAUSE OF THAT!!

Yes, I posted a high quality, not scanned, version of that picture.

BMWCCA1
11-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Didn't see your original, but I did edit my post to turn the huge image into a link to it. I didn't scan it, it's from the auction links. You most likely got fired just for general screwing-off on company time, not because of a girl with more clothes on than she'd have in a Sears newspaper ad! ;)

632 Regal
11-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I remember your pic and it was fine...was that in a different thread?

http://www.desmoparts.com/eBay/530i/m4.JPG

Jake Casson
11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Think ive just came. Only bad thing i can see is he revved it hard while it was cold.

E34 530
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
You're right, that is good experience. Some of the best. I forgot I've been working on my own BMWs (and visiting salvage yards for parts) since I bought the first one on May 14, 1971. But who can remember that far back? :(

Well, we have seemed to found the new bitch on the forum. I would trust Winfred's advice any day over yours.

Fetch
11-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I remember your pic and it was fine...was that in a different thread?

I posted it in this thread as I remember: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27583

If other people remember it too, then I guess I'm not going insane, yay! :p

Yaninnya
12-05-2006, 04:14 PM
i do want to find the throttle bodys they used, they look familiar and would solve one of the things i didn't want to add if i decide to build a v12 e34, i like how they used a v8 car with it's remote brake booster instead of converting to the crappy hydroboost system
You are working so much on BMW and you didn't notice that E34 and E32 are mechanically near the twins? Mate, what's wrong with you? ;) Check the parts catalogue for 540i and 740i and you will be very suprised. This engine swap is so easy that I really dont know why it is not more popular.
Jan

Ross
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I hated the sport seats in a car I used to have. I'm not fat.
Six liters, thats what the McLaren motor was as I recall. Anyone know the bore and stroke?
Never mind it's in the copy.
20 gs seems a lot for an elderly E34, but this thing must be a barrel of monkeys to drive.

winfred
12-05-2006, 09:11 PM
forward of the firewall they are the same car under the hood, the biggest thing with the v12 swap is moving stuff out of the way of the huge motor like the brake booster and abs pump, unless you want to try to find a real small diameter vacuum booster from a jap car and make it work your choices are hydro boost like a 750 comes with (which i hate) or build the remote booster set up that v8 cars have (740/540/530) into your car or start with a 530 or 540 that already has the remote booster behind the head light. the other thing i don't like is the eml stepper motor throttle system

You are working so much on BMW and you didn't notice that E34 and E32 are mechanically near the twins? Mate, what's wrong with you? ;) Check the parts catalogue for 540i and 740i and you will be very suprised. This engine swap is so easy that I really dont know why it is not more popular.
Jan

Alexlind123
12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
http://servo.postverket.us/alex/hot1024zc5.jpg