PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean Magic Eraser??

Russell
11-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Wheel and Tire on my black door handles on my BMW and was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to remove embedded dirt and made the surface much blacker.

Black Again by Mothers, Aerospace 303 used alone never seemed to remove a white haze that seemed imbedded into the surface, even with scrubbing with a toothbrush and repeated applications.

However, do not use it on any glossy painted surface. Makes you wonder how you can use it on most any modern wheel.

liquidtiger720
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll second this method. Works like a charm!

535Bimmer92
11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
i used the Mr Clean Eraser "regular" eraser inside on all the leather and it worked fine. Cleaned everything to just about new. no wearing or drying happened. Strongly recommended

ryan roopnarine
11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
i would worry about it sucking the sacrificial oxide off of items intended to be exposed to the sun, eg your door handles (it looking newer/shinier), and accelerating wear.

Russell
11-13-2006, 07:52 AM
I agree to a point. I would not make it part of my normal cleaning routine. Even so, I am not sure what the door handle finish is composed of. Is it paint, plating, powder coating or something else?

Russell
11-13-2006, 05:19 PM
I posted on Roadfly's detail forum and one of thereplies indicated there are cases of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser burning skin, especially children's skin.

Google it if your are interested. Perhaps this is not good to use anywhere on our cars??