PDA

View Full Version : Oh well, the server move did not work. Try again later.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-16-2004, 04:47 AM
Going to sleep now. It's been a long night. Can't figure out why it did not work. Tried it twice. All the same release levels except MySQL. The other server has a slightly newer MySQL release. nite nite ......

MBXB
04-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Ed

If you're having trouble with your hosting, might I recommend www.powweb.com. I've been using them for the last 3 years. Fast, Cheap ($7.77/mo., 1Gb Storage, 5Gb bandwidth PER DAY), Competent.

Ramon
MBXB

Going to sleep now. It's been a long night. Can't figure out why it did not work. Tried it twice. All the same release levels except MySQL. The other server has a slightly newer MySQL release. nite nite ......

632 Regal
04-16-2004, 10:51 AM
it usually takes 24-48 hours for everything to redirect to the new host. Thats if everythings right.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-16-2004, 11:18 AM
DNS was pointing to the right host, but the application was acting whacked out. New threads were not showing up on the page. Posts to threaqds were getting re-ordered (new posts became post #1). Totally whack.

Thanks for the advise on the hosting but, I have a whole server, a colo server (my own server colocated at an ISP). I host about 85 sites on the colo. I have a 10mbps connection from my house now, so I'm getting off the colo, and hosting from home. I'm doing this slowly, one domain at a time just to make sure it all goes smoothly (and to clean things up). We'll try the move again some time.