PDA

View Full Version : OT rant!!!

guinness
11-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I came out from a shop the other day and looked at my car (not the E 34), some jagoff had scraped down the driver side!! I saw that a guy was sitting in the car in front of mine so I asked him if he had seen anything. I couldn't believe the story he told me, it seems that a woman in a large van was trying to back out of the spot next to me and hit my car, another guy was walking by and saw what was going on so he got the woman out of the van and backed it out of the spot for her. She then got in and took off. I asked the guy that had watched the whole thing if he had gotten a plate # or any other info, his responce was that he "didn't want to get involved" I had to leave before I broke his neck!!
Thanks for letting me vent.
Jim

Macv
11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't have left, vent on him.

Sorry for your luck, although I havn't had this happen, I have had it vandalized and feel your pain :(

filip00
11-10-2006, 05:56 PM
that sucks. :( i hate those people who "don't wanna get involved".

Jon K
11-10-2006, 06:46 PM
If you're a witness, guess what?

OH SNAP, you're involved!

She hit your car and left the scene. That's a felony.

Alexlind123
11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
If you're a witness, guess what?

OH SNAP, you're involved!

She hit your car and left the scene. That's a felony.

My sentiments precisely.

ricola
11-10-2006, 11:02 PM
i'd have taken his plate number then called the cops. He'd start crapping when that made him an accessory.

SharkmanBMW
11-10-2006, 11:45 PM
i'd have taken his plate number then called the cops. He'd start crapping when that made him an accessory.

I agree, isn't he obliged to do something? Maybe not where you are, but

I think in parts of the USA there is a thing called the "Good Samaritan Law".

Jon K
11-10-2006, 11:58 PM
yup

It's one thing if he plainly could not get the plate number or felt threatened. But the fact that he described it in such detail and then said "nope - not getting involved" that's pure dick. I would have got his information.

guinness
11-11-2006, 06:42 AM
You guys are right, I should have gotten his info. I just wasn't thinking right. I was so mad that I would have done something stupid.

632 Regal
11-11-2006, 01:20 PM
call the cops yet? Maybe there is some sort of video survailance cams around there?

You guys are right, I should have gotten his info. I just wasn't thinking right. I was so mad that I would have done something stupid.

guinness
11-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I checked with the storeright after I got home and calmed down, no luck.