PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Back to Black

KenB
11-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Finally got around to trying this stuff. I like it, leaves a nice finish on the trim, skirts, grill, door handles etc. Takes away discoloring from wax.

We'll see how long it lasts, I just did it for the second time yesterday, first time was right before heavy rain which washed alot of it off. Hopefully a few days without rain will let it dry.

zman-95-540i
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't last very long. I have heard of a bunch of other products that are supposed to last longer (don't recall them right now...need to search). Someone on bf.c suggested rubbing peanut butter or peanut oil on the trim.

Alexlind123
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I have used it with satisfactory results as well. Youre supposed to apply it in the sun, because its "UV activated".

Mr._Graybeard
11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Google "Forever Black."

CharlesAFerg
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I have used it with satisfactory results as well. Youre supposed to apply it in the sun, because its "UV activated".

Yeah. I have also noticed that even if it fades, it seemed to provide the most effective waterproofing after the longest period.

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
over a few weeks and really rub it in and it will keep a rich black color longer.

CharlesAFerg
11-10-2006, 01:00 PM
over a few weeks and really rub it in and it will keep a rich black color longer.

Ah good call, I think I may have done that inadvertantly through my summer-overdetailing phase lol

Qube
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I always use this. Lasts through at least one rain... of course you'll probably wash your car after the rain so point is moot... at least I do :)

SEE HERE: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showpost.php?p=196260&postcount=2

Felixdacat
11-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I had tried everything under the sun to get my trim black again. Just for shits and giggles I purchased Forever Black from www.BavAuto.com, and it worked great. It also worked on the undercoated rocker panels. I havent had to touch it up for over a year now. Give this a try, and I'll bet you will agree with me also.
Good luck.... Felix

Spasso
11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
I switched to 303 Aerospace Protectant. Unbelievable results and very durable. It doesn't leave a shine, just rich black.
Rejuvenates bulb seals, rubber bumpers and trim, safe for vinyl and leather.

Great for tire dressing, SPF40 protection from the sun, (the main reason tires turn brown). Long lasting.

Non-silcone and non-petroleum based

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=home

No affiliation etc.......................

bigtisas
11-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I couldn't find 303 products at any local stores I tried (Autozone, Kragen, Target or Walmart...)

Digita1 Ecstasy
11-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I always use this. Lasts through at least one rain... of course you'll probably wash your car after the rain so point is moot... at least I do :)

SEE HERE: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showpost.php?p=196260&postcount=2

Hell yes. Zaino everything rocks.

Z7, ZFX, Z5, Z6. I love the way Z6 smells : )

Russell
11-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Auto uphostery shops, outdoor gear stores or boating stores should have Aerospace 303.

Russell
11-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Black Again used to be very good. Understand the formula has changed in the past few years.

ericcamaro
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Its all about the Forever Black to restore the trim back to a stock appearance as it is the only one that actually re-dyes your trim. After that I reccomend to use a good quality trim dressing not interior vinyl dressing. The difference between the two is that the exterior dressing will likely be a solvent based dressing that will somewhat soak into the trim for a lasting effect as the interior stuff is water based and the first sign of water it will be streking down all your painted panels. I like to go over all the stuff I dress with a Clean terry or microfiber and give it a little buff. I find it helps the evenness of the dressing and will take the excess off so that if it does get wet soon after it will not leave streaking behind.

Denton
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
303, Zaino, or Forever Black are all you need.

Spasso
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I couldn't find 303 products at any local stores I tried (Autozone, Kragen, Target or Walmart...)
I get mine at an upholstry/convertible top shop. You can also order it online.