PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the complete front passenger carpet?

Fraz06
11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone,

How do you remove the complete front passenger carpet ? and is it difficult to do ?

many thanks

Fraser

winfred
11-09-2006, 06:12 PM
the carpet is one big piece from the firewall to the front of the back seat, you need to remove all of the console and the front seats, the door sills and front lower speaker panels, you will need to cut the carpet close around the hvac box so you can get it out of the car, if you don't cut it you need to remove the dash discharge the ac and take the firewall apart, i always cut it, you don't see the cut once the console is installed and it has no effect on anything

632 Regal
11-09-2006, 06:34 PM
sounds easy enough...
the carpet is one big piece from the firewall to the front of the back seat, you need to remove all of the console and the front seats, the door sills and front lower speaker panels, you will need to cut the carpet close around the hvac box so you can get it out of the car, if you don't cut it you need to remove the dash discharge the ac and take the firewall apart, i always cut it, you don't see the cut once the console is installed and it has no effect on anything

winfred
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
plan on at least a day if you are not really good at it if not a weekend

sounds easy enough...

shogun
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Took the carpet out from my parts E32. It is also glued on slightly in the area of the trans tunnel. and fire wall.

winfred
11-09-2006, 07:33 PM
i've not noticed glue on any of the e34s or 3 series i've done, i can't remember doing a complete removal on a e32 so i can't speak for those

Took the carpet out from my parts E32. It is also glued on slightly in the area of the trans tunnel. and fire wall.

shogun
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Here you can see it, for example the white stuff on the metal under the hand brake handle is glue
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/270025/