PDA

View Full Version : E34 M5 (3.6)

BIGJO
11-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Hello people, got an issue with my E34. The revs drop when idling & it sounds like it's strugglingv to tick over. It sometimes cuts out & the only way to start it is to bump start. Not sure why its not firing up when i try to start it? Seems like there is enough battery as well.

The car does lose power when i push it on occassions & sometimes it seems fine & drives like normal.

I feel there is a small electrical problem with the car. I replaced one of the fuses in the car & then the car was working fine. However, they all seem to be fine now & all okay but the car's not starting. The electrical problems is with the speedometer & window wipers.

There is also some fluid leaking from under the passanger rear door. I think it's the power steering fluid or LHM, not sure but looks red. Why is it coming from the rear of the car though?

Any suggestions on any of the questions will be of much help.

Regards, BJ.

granit_silber
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
The red fluid is most likely your LAD suspension leaking.

How old is your fuel filter?

Have you checked your engine for vacuum leaks?

-ashley

ps delete three copies of your post please :)

nixter
11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
The red is most likely pentosin fluid, (brakes/suspension) The resevoir is in the front left corner of your engine bay. I believe the cap says "pentosin" right on it. The fluid level should be almost touching if not touching the filter screen.

If you have a few issues it might be worth getting your error codes scanned at the dealer.

n

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
11-10-2006, 02:05 PM
The red is most likely pentosin fluid, (brakes/suspension) The resevoir is in the front left corner of your engine bay. I believe the cap says "pentosin" right on it. The fluid level should be almost touching if not touching the filter screen.

If you have a few issues it might be worth getting your error codes scanned at the dealer.

n

Pentosin 7.1 is green though.

e34it
11-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree, the red fluid is probably the suspension leaking. My M5 did the same when I had it. I eliminated the self-leveling suspension after that.