PDA

View Full Version : OT - The cleanout has begun!

pundit
11-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Okay so George.W is a fool, albeit a dangerous one, but then men behind the scenes, Cheney and Rumsfeld were the main culprits.

Rumsfeld has been 'pushed' onto his sword and no doubt Cheney will be looking for a way out and for history to remember him as a great man let down by those lesser than himself.

I hope the investigation into the case for the Iraq war goes ahead and these guys are held to account for their corruption, lies and deception. Blair and Howard have plenty to answer for as well.

http://www.runningscared.org/files/jazz-bush_cheney_rumsfeld3.JPG

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson

Fetch
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
lol for some reason the big grin isn't working, so I'll just do this:

:) :)

califblue
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM
The Democrats have been using some tall words for the last six years; now, I'd like to see them walk it like they've talked it.

But it will be an eye opener for a lot of people when the price of oil goes thru the ceiling. It will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was lowered to help the republicans and the vote.

Who/What will they blame now?

But they have a plan.

Raise taxes
put mo people on welfare
negotiate with terrorist
give more nuclear weapons to north Korea
get soldiers out of IRAK

Don't even think for a second that I'm going to let this one go.

Zeuk in Oz
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Let's just hope that they get rid of Ms Rice as well.

She scares the hell out of me !

Imagine her as the next President ! :(

zman-95-540i
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Were you just listening to Rush? Typical drabble he throws out with no substance.

Today's democrat is not the liberal of years past. Look at Tester in Montana. Webb in Virginia. These are the people that we should want in charge. Not the power hungry republicans we've had for the past 12 years. DeLay, Ney, Foley, etc. Nice.

Jon K
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Someone PM me when something intelligent is said in this thread.

31Hertz
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM

I love your snail logo, Jon...

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
lets pm him
I love your snail logo, Jon...

Jon K
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
The snail loves you too!

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-08-2006, 05:42 PM

Just wait for Hillary and Nancy Pelosi to get going

BillionPa
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
the leftist democrats of america are considered right wing conservatives by the rest of the world.

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-08-2006, 05:54 PM

We're talking politics here...intellgence has little to do with it.

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
the only think I can say is the complete free reign of King George has come to a halt finally. He has done a LOT of damage while in reign and I am ashamed that I voted for him...but, Kerry cant tell jokes, Bush is a joke.

If this country gets in worse shape I think Michigan will be wiped off the map, average housing only sells when undervalued by ~25%. we also have the countrys highest default of mortgages, 3 of 10 people selling have already re-located to another state.

genphreak
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
the only think I can say is the complete free reign of King George has come to a halt finally. He has done a LOT of damage while in reign and I am ashamed that I voted for him...but, Kerry cant tell jokes, Bush is a joke.

If this country gets in worse shape I think Michigan will be wiped off the map, average housing only sells when undervalued by ~25%. we also have the countrys highest default of mortgages, 3 of 10 people selling have already re-located to another state.Here in Oz, one of our most famous young politicians (recently pushed out of politics by the hordes of protectionist, conservative old men that run our political status quo (just like in America) - as well as her party as it merrily went on a path of self-destruction), was recently asked a smart question by Andrew Denton (a great interviewer). He asked;

"Do you think it is possible NOT to lie in politics?"

She replied with an equally intelligent repsonse... "I think the public expect of us " (politicians)" that there are times that we should not tell the truth"or something like that (that's from my flawed memory)

Coming from someone who's party's mantra was 'Keeping the bastards Honest' as it for some time held the balance of power here, this is hardly a statement about our society that should be underestimated.

As long as we continue to vote for dishonest people without placing any value on building in at least some accountability to a system that they are regularly removing it from, we will only ever effect slight improvements (like this recent change in power in the House of Reps). However we will always be at grave risk from such damaging forces (such as, but not including, The Republicans when time they take power). This will prevent America ever getting behind the 8 ball (except in the short term whilst it throws money and men at it) and given its influence on the rest of the world will continue to have disastrous consequences internationally that will only be taken advantage of by certain others that are known for playing the waiting game.

Voting people that like to practice dishonesty into positions of such power and allowing them to dismantle the very system of democracy adn freedom that our forefathers spent so much time trying to get right (just because it suits their pockets and their mates interests) is pure foley. Worse still, swallowing their ******** about how this Democracy is so great whilst they are doing it and allowing them to rub up Nationalistic semtiment whenever it suits them not only betrays our children- it trashes the planet and the fellow human beings we share it with.

Our future depends on our Democracy- keeping it healthy will always take a **** load more than voting for the other guy.

That said, I'm much happier today than I've been for a while...
Well done America!! (Finally!)

Denton
11-08-2006, 08:23 PM

:p

Absolutely true.

Jehu
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
One thing i'e noticed is the freak flag, left wing( US Version) Loony Liberal element was NOT who was voted in in most cases,Virginia's new senator who writes about fathers felating their adolescent boys not withstanding, They were like my Parents. Conservative Democrats interested in accountability and not in making our National Anthem; YMCA by the Village People or making Free Abortions on demand a new welfare give away.From the loony left i have heard though you'd never realize this fact. They all think Pot will now be given out at Government Cannabis cafés and gay abortionists will be doing D& C's on the white house lawn while they burn Bibles and Preachers

SC David
11-08-2006, 08:48 PM

If this country gets in worse shape I think Michigan will be wiped off the map, average housing only sells when undervalued by ~25%. we also have the countrys highest default of mortgages, 3 of 10 people selling have already re-located to another state.
All the major democratic candidates have sucked lately. There was the Kerry fiasco a few years ago. Then this year democrats of California were forced to either not vote or vote for Arnold for governor. Angelidas was an even bigger joke than Kerry. I watched him speak at my school, and all he could do was criticize the Bush administration and make campaign promises about bringing California's National Guard troops home. Not a thing was mentioned about California's economy, environment, immigration...or anything important. What a tool!

Zeuk in Oz
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't mean to imply that they scare me any less.

pundit
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
whatthe****supyourarse

Bill R.
11-09-2006, 12:37 AM
rather blatant display by the voters of the nation regarding policies of the current administration.

whatthe****supyourarse

CharlesAFerg
11-09-2006, 12:46 AM

????????

We're talking politics here...intellgence has little to do with it.

I couldn't agree with both of you more.

Come on guys these threads really do belong in OT... :( It's kind of irritating. I love my E34 and I don't like getting depressed talking about all this stuff on here, it's my escape you know... I'm a history major, I get enough of this debating @ school....:(

Why don't we talk about this...
http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/

Or this!!
http://www.vbs2.com/site/index.html
:D

Mr._Graybeard
11-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Then this year democrats of California were forced to either not vote or vote for Arnold for governor.

OT, I know, but I wonder if you've seen the documentary film "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room." It has some interesting implications regarding California's politics and economy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413845/

pmlmotorsports
11-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Perhaps when the upset republican party voters swallow their pride and ignorance and finally realize how the current administration has depleted this country of it's economical surplus, or how the Bush family from as far back as Kennedy's White House, has been involved with virtually every American blunder, embarassment, asassination, or asassination attempt, they will finally admit what an absolute ass George Sr. and his son George W. have been throughout the years. While they are at it, I would love to hear the republicans explain the Enron meltdown, the suspect cabinet appointments of George W., and the Halliberton contract. This election is the American people screaming " Enough is enough!" It's just a shame it took this much humiliation, greed, and blood-shed to have our people voice their displeasure so loudly. Jon, the people have spoken, and if there's a message in this Election, it was this: We have witnessed history. Never before has there been such a landslide win by either party in the history of these United States. Never before has EACH and EVERY Democrat incumbent kept his position in any election at any time...... EVER. Never before has the midterm elections been decided solely because of the incumbent President.

It used to be they screwed you behind the scenes, now the Bush/Cheney/Bush group screw you in broad daylight and in front of your own family while smiling and taunting you to do something about it.......OH, AND THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE MAKING BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF $$$$ while the majority of America's population is hurting. Way to go George W........I hope you and your greedy oil rich SOB Arab friends rot in hell.

QUOTE=Bill R.]rather blatant display by the voters of the nation regarding policies of the current administration.[/QUOTE]

Zeuk in Oz
11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Perhaps when the upset republican party voters swallow their pride and ignorance and finally realize how the current administration has depleted this country of it's economical surplus, or how the Bush family from as far back as Kennedy's White House, has been involved with virtually every American blunder, embarassment, asassination, or asassination attempt, they will finally admit what an absolute ass George Sr. and his son George W. have been throughout the years. While they are at it, I would love to hear the republicans explain the Enron meltdown, the suspect cabinet appointments of George W., and the Halliberton contract. This election is the American people screaming " Enough is enough!" It's just a shame it took this much humiliation, greed, and blood-shed to have our people voice their displeasure so loudly. Jon, the people have spoken, and if there's a message in this Election, it was this: We have witnessed history. Never before has there been such a landslide win by either party in the history of these United States. Never before has EACH and EVERY Democrat incumbent kept his position in any election at any time...... EVER. Never before has the midterm elections been decided solely because of the incumbent President.

It used to be they screwed you behind the scenes, now the Bush/Cheney/Bush group screw you in broad daylight and in front of your own family while smiling and taunting you to do something about it.......OH, AND THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE MAKING BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF $$$$ while the majority of America's population is hurting. Way to go George W........I hope you and your greedy oil rich SOB Arab friends rot in hell.

QUOTE=Bill R.]rather blatant display by the voters of the nation regarding policies of the current administration.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention how the rest of the world regards the US.

60 years ago you were the idol and saviour. Now you are decidedly on the nose thanks to Bush et al.

Ross
11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I think the price of gas could be more closely related to what people are willing to pay. $3.50 U.S. didn't slow many people down, bitch perhaps but business as usual.
Of course it will go up as everything does. Only when demand actually declines will the price. Regardless of who is in the White House.
As long as Americans insist on driving giant "cars" the oil prices will increase.
Want to make the prices go down? Use your feet, a bike, a smaller car, or a bus.
BTW it's Iraq

632 Regal
11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
its all BS, over inflated fuel prices started after the LA wirlpool thing...first we cant refine then we dont have enough refineries then that was all covered up after the refineries reopened and stayed triple... azzholes

test: :eek:

632 Regal
11-09-2006, 10:09 PM
haha, steal the smiley codes off crappie.com and they work...lol

Jehu
11-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm just watching a documentary on the Pan Am Lockerbie terrorist bombing.My countrymen have chickened out in the fight against terrorism and are fools if they think Islamic jihadis will suddenly now like us and become friends or at least leave us alone. I wish it were so but I see the opposite brewing ,all signs point to more confrontation while anyone in the government who stood up to terrorists is now ,by the new leadership, being told they will have no say in policy going forward.I can't call them Doves,I'll call them Pidgeons...I'm not pleased but i'd love to be proven to have been all wrong.I just feel these new leaders are totally clueless and want to essentially stick their heads in the sand or worse give the enemies of Liberty whatever they want.I see we're in for a rough ride in the immediate future but again i'd be happy to be all wet.

RockJock
11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
its all BS, over inflated fuel prices started after the LA wirlpool thing...first we cant refine then we dont have enough refineries then that was all covered up after the refineries reopened and stayed triple... azzholes

Hubbert Peak?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

attack eagle
11-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Okay so George.W is a fool, albeit a dangerous one, but then men behind the scenes, Cheney and Rumsfeld were the main culprits.

Rumsfeld has been 'pushed' onto his sword and no doubt Cheney will be looking for a way out and for history to remember him as a great man let down by those lesser than himself.

I hope the investigation into the case for the Iraq war goes ahead and these guys are held to account for their corruption, lies and deception. Blair and Howard have plenty to answer for as well.

http://www.runningscared.org/files/jazz-bush_cheney_rumsfeld3.JPG

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson

WOW, this has SO MUCH to do with a 5 series.

I voted republican, except for one race where I had to vote libertarian to not vote demoncrat. The ones where there were no candidates other then demoncrat i did not rubber stamp and chose not to vote.

One good thing about a war in IRAQ... gives al-qaida military targets & targets not on US soil... thus protecting the security of civilian Americans at home. And isn't that what troops are for? amkes perfect sense to me. Keep em over their killing themselves and the occasional troop.
Besides we haven't lost that many troops in Iraq... not 30 000 or anything.
2,839 Americans total...
only a little more than 300 in Afganistan... about the same amount of Law enforcement officers that were killed in 2005 and 2004...
Perhaps we should abolish our police officers on US soil???

Civil war, almost 500,000 killed
WWI 116,516
WWII 405,399
Korea 36,574
Vietnam 58,200

Hell the Mexicans are apparently more dangerous than alqaida (no I don't care how to spell their little nutjob cult's name) ... 13 thousand plus killed during the 2 years of the Mexican American war.

People are spoiled by Desert storm which was a 100 hour "war" with 382 dead.

Seems like this "war" has LESS casualties per hour than that "war" did. And this time we are on hostile soil invading another country.

TO be honest with all the Demoncrats out there,
I'm amazed you demoncrats don't love BUSH... After all he is the most liberal large government president we have had in years... no child left behind? Immigration reform? Domestic Spying? All Big brother/Demoncrat style government. Entering and expanding a war with no exit strategy, in order to foster a government the indigent people don't want? Very JFK/LBJ...

In short, he's a democrat who likes tax cuts. You should love him to death.

Vote this thread be moved to a more appropriate forum, where such things may be bandied about by pundit and pals without offending anyone who prefers to keep their online/car hobbies and politics seperate.

Especially someone who doesn't believe that Voting for the big government party who is Anti-car enthusiast, and anti-anything that invoves choices and personal responsibility is the right thing to do.

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-10-2006, 12:32 AM
trying to put sugar in my gas tank last night

Bill R.
11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
ten percent of your posts on the 5 series forum have nothing to do with five series. But this one should be moved?
In case you haven't noticed the republicans are what you accuse the "demoncrats" of being.
They are the party of large government, the largest increase in history
They are the party of restricting personal choices and responsibility with the largest loss of freedom and rights in the history of the US ever.
Anti Car? They are the party who has allowed the greatest manipulation of oil prices and energy costs without restraint leading to greatly increased sales of hybrids as i predicted on here a few years back.

Taking the largest surplus in history and turning it into the largest deficit in history in the shortest time also had terrific anti car effects. Recently here the republican party is proposing privately owned toll roads since they don't have the funding for highways due to the shortages that the republicans have given us through such carefull governance. And these toll roads will be owned by foreign countries. That's going over real well out west here

Your last paragraph tells me that you voted for the democrats in this election since everything you stated there describes the republicans for the last 6 years and longer to a T.

TO be honest with all the Demoncrats out there,
I'm amazed you demoncrats don't love BUSH... After all he is the most liberal large government president we have had in years... no child left behind? Immigration reform? Domestic Spying? All Big brother/Demoncrat style government. Entering and expanding a war with no exit strategy, in order to foster a government the indigent people don't want? Very JFK/LBJ...

In short, he's a democrat who likes tax cuts. You should love him to death.

Vote this thread be moved to a more appropriate forum, where such things may be bandied about by pundit and pals without offending anyone who prefers to keep their online/car hobbies and politics seperate.

Especially someone who doesn't believe that Voting for the big government party who is Anti-car enthusiast, and anti-anything that invoves choices and personal responsibility is the right thing to do.[/quote]

632 Regal
11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
maybe he was being sarcastic?