11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I got my doors blown off... :D

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-08-2006, 03:51 PM

Think my M20 would have had a chance?

BillionPa
11-08-2006, 04:17 PM
those big vettes go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds, you have NO chance.

kick7ca
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I smoked a new 300 hp Acura RL in my 535.... :D

Macv
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
those big vettes go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds, you have NO chance.

Pshhhh. Thats nothing.

Fetch
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
I raced a top fuel dragster & won, you guys probably suck at shifting or something, BMWs are faster than all other cars.

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
i can work pretty well with most cars, mustangs, camaros, GPs at speeds above 80ish but the vette? wow...not a chance
I raced a top fuel dragster & won, you guys probably suck at shifting or something, BMWs are faster than all other cars.

Martin in Bellevue
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Maybe a wet nitrous setup & a big case 3.91 from an e34 m5 would make that big coupe comparatively vette quick? I wouldn't begin to suggest how to make a bmw squeak like a plastic fantastic, so it'll never be that cool.

Wouldn't bother worrying about any e34 not being a 'quick' car, at least, without forced induction. As corvettes' are several hundred pounds lighter than any 3,400lb bummer & more motor, they're expected to rule the stoplights. At the same time, I don't know of a vette owner under 62 years of age, so bravo, for finding an owner willing to drag on the street.

BillionPa
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
id imagine that Hartage V12 would give the vette a run.

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Ohhh, absolutly no "dragging on the street" first our cars arent capable and second draggin would pretty much mean "in the city" now thats a real dangerous proposition unless way out in the country or something, And there you have the chance of clubbing Bambi...or a cat or something.

This this was on a 5 lane highway with just me and him approaching. He slowed down to my~75ish and we went for it. I let off when he was like 100 car lengths ahead of me (about 3 seconds).

i do have some morals, not a lot but some.

Maybe a wet nitrous setup & a big case 3.91 from an e34 m5 would make that big coupe comparatively vette quick? I wouldn't begin to suggest how to make a bmw squeak like a plastic fantastic, so it'll never be that cool.

Wouldn't bother worrying about any e34 not being a 'quick' car, at least, without forced induction. As corvettes' are several hundred pounds lighter than any 3,400lb bummer & more motor, they're expected to rule the stoplights. At the same time, I don't know of a vette owner under 62 years of age, so bravo, for finding an owner willing to drag on the street.

E34 530
11-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Time to break out the 850 ;)

Macv
11-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Seriously, why are you still driving the e34? Problems with the 8 hmmm? ;)

genphreak
11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
id imagine that Hartage V12 would give the vette a run.I hope someone from the board buys it (or the new owner at least joins). We could line up a vette one day like that and video the thing it would be an all time great.... :)

e34s would double in value overnight, and everyone would want an old 750 for parts... LOL

Seriously, that black beauty shot my all time favourite Bimmer picture,

http://www.desmoparts.com/eBay/530i/m4.JPG
... even if it is a wide grille :D :) Nick

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
HA not at all, it ("it" cause I havent determined if male or female yet)
"it's" getting a manicure and new shades tomorrow. Cant expose "it" until "it's" buttoned up. Where I live its not a great ID to drive it up and down muddy roads. This thing is all pretty and shiney, hate to mess all that up. Dont think it will see much road time til spring (about 10 months away). Might break it out for some photo shoots on a weekend or something, gets dark when I get home now.

sneek peak in the dark barn without the shades:
http://www.thecitypress.com/850/wheels/

Seriously, why are you still driving the e34? Problems with the 8 hmmm? ;)

Jehu
11-08-2006, 08:30 PM
This is funny because every newer Vette i see is moping along as if the driver was catatonic.I think to myself ;"Why on Earth own such a beast if you aren't going to flex its muscle?" and scream past ,LOL.. they can't handle for Shyte though can they? I'd still smoke 'em in the turns.

SC David
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
This is funny because every newer Vette i see is moping along as if the driver was catatonic.I think to myself ;"Why on Earth own such a beast if you aren't going to flex its muscle?" and scream past ,LOL.. they can't handle for Shyte though can they? I'd still smoke 'em in the turns.
They would destroy all NA sub 12 cylinder E34's in every aspect :)

Jehu
11-08-2006, 08:43 PM
They would destroy all NA sub 12 cylinder E34's in every aspect :) assuming the driver was up to the level of his car, perhaps,can't argue with displacement.

Atl530i
11-08-2006, 09:05 PM

Damn, too the point.

That's funny.

silver-e34
11-08-2006, 09:29 PM
an m5 could take care of that vette unless it was a c6-z06 vette pushing 510 ponies than good luck :(

winfred
11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
well duh 530s are over rated in the power department :D

winfred
11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
in a straight line all but the current m5 would get smoked, now throw in a few turns...

an m5 could take care of that vette unless it was a c6-z06 vette pushing 510 ponies than good luck :(

Fetch
11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Seriously, that black beauty shot my all time favourite Bimmer picture

How's this?

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7274/hot1024zc5.jpg

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
they might be but after stretching the legs of the 850 it might still be a challange until above 120...not to be reconed with in this state yet. The autobahn has been deleted even in Germany. now 400 miles in each I think im a good contender at speed.

well duh 530s are over rated in the power department :D

E34 530
11-09-2006, 01:12 AM

wow, you know absolutely nothing about vette's. Yes, they have the worst handling ever.

BillionPa
11-09-2006, 01:15 AM
the old vettes didnt handle so well, but the new ones are rediculous on a tight track, although you need a rather skilled driver to keep the power in check.

Jehu
11-09-2006, 01:16 AM
wow, you know absolutely nothing about vette's. Yes, they have the worst handling ever.

why would i care about them anyway? Theyre' frigging ugly! Seriosuly they look like they crack in half or flip over if they take a hard corner much over 80..America hasn't made a good looking car since I've been able to drive(1978) but more's the point I never see them moving very fast. The guy i raced in the Scag was enjoying his ride as much as he could on a public road, every Vette i pass i pass for good and i see a relatively large number of them for what they cost.I just am not a big fan of American automotive engineering.

E34 530
11-09-2006, 01:21 AM
why would i care about them anyway? Theyre' frigging ugly! Seriosuly they look like they crack in half or flip over if they take a hard corner much over 80..America hasn't made a good looking car since I've been able to drive(1978)

typical elitist...

BillionPa
11-09-2006, 01:24 AM
i think the best looking american car was the Lincoln LS.... but thats probably because it was modeled after the E34 :D

E34 530
11-09-2006, 01:25 AM
why would i care about them anyway? Theyre' frigging ugly! Seriosuly they look like they crack in half or flip over if they take a hard corner much over 80..America hasn't made a good looking car since I've been able to drive(1978) but more's the point I never see them moving very fast. The guy i raced in the Scag was enjoying his ride as much as he could on a public road, every Vette i pass i pass for good and i see a relatively large number of them for what they cost.I just am not a big fan of American automotive engineering.

sweet edit and wtf does that mean?? Because you haven't seen a vetter being driven fast mean it's a pos?? My neighbors stock c5 will hand you your ass in a straight line, on a track, on Saturn's rings, etc.

Jehu
11-09-2006, 01:30 AM
sweet edit and wtf does that mean?? Because you haven't seen a vetter being driven fast means it's a pos??

I never said they WERE a POS> I was remarking that the drivers in them I see which i believe is a pretty decent number aren't driving them with any enthusiasm which i feel is a terrible terrible waste , a waste of my being on the same road with them and wanting to see them show me what they've got... they just putt along like they're talking to their wife or listening to talk radio... I just have to cruise on by and laugh why someone would spend all that money on that car when they drive like they're in a Le Car or a Gremlin.. just a shame from my perspective but i don't care for their looks anyway,kind of like a retarded Ferrari.Who cares about your neighbor? The point is he would at least run.I'd rather lose and have the fun than never have the pleasure.

Wes F
11-09-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't know of a vette owner under 62 years of age.

I guess I might be an exception to the rule, but I had an '89 Vette when I was 21. Handled and accelerated like mad, torque up the ass, not to mention looked the **** cruisin' with the targa top off. Definitely a chick-magnet too, to quote what's-his-name from True Lies, "what can I say, the Vette, gets 'em wet." Not a bad side effect if you ask me ;)

BFEINZIMER
11-09-2006, 02:31 AM
I smoked a new 300 hp Acura RL in my 535.... :D

**** yea lol