PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah I Found My Bad Idle Culprit!!!!

Boone.Msi
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Right after i did my oil change i started my engine to do the sound/look test. when unbelievably my idle was perfect. so i was just admiring my luck and looking in the engine bay when "CLICK" that F*$@%NG noise happend right at my waist followed by the poor idle.

so I look down under the MAF (passenger side) and notice that a pulley stoped spining then "CLICK" it started to spin and so followed the bad idle.

whatever the hell this accesory is, it is causing my bad idle when it turns on. im gonna do a search for this part but if anyone can tell me what this device is, it would save me some time.

If your standing in front of the car looking towards the car it is the very far left pulley on the passenger side(under air intake elbow/MAF)

thanks

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
compressor

ryan roopnarine
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
you mean your a/c system needs a charge?

632 Regal
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
most likly the AC compressor, the idle is supposed to rise when it comes on and it sounds like yours doesnt. Shut the AC or recycle switch off and the idle should stay stable.

Boone.Msi
11-08-2006, 03:45 PM
most likly the AC compressor, the idle is supposed to rise when it comes on and it sounds like yours doesnt. Shut the AC or recycle switch off and the idle should stay stable.

well i turned the ac off to see if that would change anything and it didnt. so what should i do now?

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-08-2006, 03:53 PM
ground and fusable link connections.

Sounds like a voltage drop from the a/c clutch is affecting you idle.

BillionPa
11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
in the mean time, since it is winter, you can probably just slice the AC drive belt off with a sharp knife.

Boone.Msi
11-08-2006, 09:34 PM
haha yea it would probaly make me feel better too. i pulled the fuses for the ac (it said #'s 9,27,29) i get back in my car and the lights on the ac are still on and my dash lights are out. just the ones that show the milage and what gear your in but still what the hell.

didnt fix the idle like i thought tho. im really sick and tired of this...

Ferret
11-09-2006, 04:43 AM
You could have a seized pump bearing... on the front end pulley.