PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side window stuck

InfernoM3
11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey guys. My driver's side window rolled down a few inches then now is stuck. I hear a click when I hit the switch but it doens't go anywhere. I read some posts in the archive.
so far i've
-Slammed door hard while press switch.
-kicked inside door in front of armrest. (trying to dislodge if its stuck)
-In process of removing door panel. its a pain and is currently stuck. Can't get the armrest screw off. It might be stripped.

Anyone have this problem before and can recommend solutions. Is the window motor blown?

shogun
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe the window regulators at the bottom, the white slider pieces are broken, or the toothed rim lost some of the teeth.

InfernoM3
11-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Maybe the window regulators at the bottom, the white slider pieces are broken, or the toothed rim lost some of the teeth.
okay got the door off finally needed a torx screwdriver. I noticed a bolt loose w a big washer and two holes that attach jto 2 metal points near what i believe is the motor. I tightened it didn't seem to change anything. Anyone know what this is. Is this suppose to be tightened. I don' see the part since its from the back view. its near part #2
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=51_0406&hg=51&fg=10

92E34
11-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Mine went out the other day. I even cleaned the switches. I took my door apart and dissassembled the motor to get it up.

InfernoM3
11-14-2006, 11:26 PM
okay. I read my bentley manual again. I think the bolt I was referring to is called the window bottom stop. the book says this bottom limit? how does this thing work. I know i can loosen it. When I found it was very loose. could this be the cause of my window not going all the way down? I tightened it and locked into place. I think there is something else since the window doesn't go up either?
I checked the teeth and from the visible ones it lookslike they are all there. Could the door just be not lined up correctly and stuck? I can hear it clicking. Is the black circle thing the motor, which is the regulator? sorry i'm clueless. All some post mentioned pounding something while pressing the window switch. Which part do i punch? thanks. I've been driving around for a few days now w/ my window down and no inner door panel. I feel very ghetto. Any help would be great.

InfernoM3
11-15-2006, 02:51 AM
See the bolt and big washer type thing. I think this controls the window bottom stop???

also i found this little white tabs. I think they fell from behind this washer thing.
What are these?