PDA

View Full Version : Taking the hood of to get better access to work

Alpinewhite
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
How many of you take the hood off to get better access and how easy it is? What to look for when trying to remove the hood

Thanks
Arun

Dave M
11-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Not difficult, quite obviouswhat to do when you get into it. The only thing may be a bit of head scratching where the wizzy bird hoses met the wizzy bird shooters. just don't break any fragile plastic clips.

"Wizzy Bird": a pressurized bird which wizzes a glycol based liquid on your windshield.

Oh, and have someone handy to help with final removal. Kinda awkward.

Dave M

MTechnik540i
11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
How many of you take the hood off to get better access and how easy it is? What to look for when trying to remove the hood

Thanks
Arun

...And the nice thing about E34 hoods, atleast compared to E30 hoods, you don't have to align/adjust it; Just take it off, put it back on...Always perfect.

Alpinewhite
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
you don't have to align/adjust it; Just take it off, put it back on...Always perfect.
Thanks I was about to ask that question next :)

Turbo Ready
11-07-2006, 09:29 PM
...And the nice thing about E34 hoods, atleast compared to E30 hoods, you don't have to align/adjust it; Just take it off, put it back on...Always perfect.

Never knew that the e34's does not need adjusting, just took off a friends e30 hood to do timing belt and water pump. PITA if you did not trace around the hinge.

winfred
11-07-2006, 10:04 PM
those are easy just look at the marks that the bolts/washers left, i've done so many i can't remember

Never knew that the e34's does not need adjusting, just took off a friends e30 hood to do timing belt and water pump. PITA if you did not trace around the hinge.