PDA

View Full Version : 92 BMW535i injector/replacement

The Don Man
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I have a 1992 bmw 535i, the motor makes a ticking sound like as if the valve lash was off. I have replaced the eccentrics and reset the valve lash numerous times. the ticking is still there, could it be the injectors and if so can I put in these 19# ford injectors others are speaking about? If so design 3 or 4, what if any other adjustments need to be done? Any subjestions are welcomed.

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
[http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_Sets.html

The Don Man
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
[http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_Sets.html

Thanks, will do!!

Kalevera
11-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Chances are the car has worn cam lobes and/or worn rocker pads that might not be visible without careful inspection.

One way to determine if the injectors are making the noise before replacing them is to get the car on a good diagnostic computer. Autologic, BMW's MoDIC III, and probably others have provisions to fire the injectors without the engine running, so you can hear how they sound.

E34 530
11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Chances are the car has worn cam lobes and/or worn rocker pads that might not be visible without careful inspection.

One way to determine if the injectors are making the noise before replacing them is to get the car on a good diagnostic computer. Autologic, BMW's MoDIC III, and probably others have provisions to fire the injectors without the engine running, so you can hear how they sound.

haven't seen you in awhile. How have you been man??

Kalevera
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Good, busy, been slipping in and out of here over the past few days, digging for information. Always good to help people out.

How are you? I saw the article on your car in Roundel. Glad to hear that Scotty came through with a gas tank, he is a class act even if he doesn't want other people to think as much :)

E34 530
11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Good, busy, been slipping in and out of here over the past few days, digging for information. Always good to help people out.

How are you? I saw the article on your car in Roundel. Glad to hear that Scotty came through with a gas tank, he is a class act even if he doesn't want other people to think as much :)

yeah, he's a great guy. I was looking at your website a few weeks ago. Did you guys go out of business??