PDA

View Full Version : Where to have fuel injectors cleaned?

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I've got my injectors out, and as opposed to replacing them I'd just like to have them cleaned professionally. I need it done by next Sunday when I'm putting it all back together. Essentially I'm replacing the valley pan (coolant leak). I'd like to bring them somewhere locally just to make sure I get them done in time. I'm north of Chicago, betweer Chicago and Milwaukee. Lake County Illinois. Anyone know where I can have my injectors cleaned around here. I've looked online to no avail. Thanks guys.

632 Regal
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
A few people have had thid done without promising results. They ended up getting new ones after all that stuff.
Check out: http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp
The difference isn't that much from having them cleaned and you will know they are working correctly.

MBXB
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Ed,

I sent my injectors to Gordon 206-919-0794; at www.witchhunter.com last year. Refurbed and recalibrated for $120 at the time. He can turn them around pretty quickly.

Ramon

Dash01
11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Put mine in a jar full of full-strength injector cleaner and soaked them overnight. Using a syringe, made sure the inside of each injector was full of the stuff, which is ~400X as strong as when mixed in the fuel tank. Then, filtered the injector cleaner fluid and poured it in the fuel tank per normal instructions. Seems to help, and the price is right.

winfred
11-06-2006, 12:55 PM
most diesel performance shops also do injector work for gassers too, clean flow check and pattern test

Jehu
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Does that Red Line gas treatment that says its cleans valves etc. do much?

Chip
11-06-2006, 02:37 PM
this guy

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/

mine had 133k miles on them and were fine. the as-found test had all 6 injectors with 2% of each other (or 98% to 100% of spec) no cleaning was needed as these values were right were they should be. Very happy with turn around.

I've got my injectors out, and as opposed to replacing them I'd just like to have them cleaned professionally. I need it done by next Sunday when I'm putting it all back together. Essentially I'm replacing the valley pan (coolant leak). I'd like to bring them somewhere locally just to make sure I get them done in time. I'm north of Chicago, betweer Chicago and Milwaukee. Lake County Illinois. Anyone know where I can have my injectors cleaned around here. I've looked online to no avail. Thanks guys.

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
cleaning works for good but dirty injectors.

But if one or two tests bad, or ticking and leaking injectors. then you in the market for new ones anyway.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
The problem right now with them is:
"Notice: In order to devote time and assistance to the family of my long-time dear friend, Les Osborn, who suddenly and unexpectedly passed away 10/1/06, I am not accepting any more injectors for service until further notice. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you for your understanding. "

Sorry to say.

this guy

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/

mine had 133k miles on them and were fine. the as-found test had all 6 injectors with 2% of each other (or 98% to 100% of spec) no cleaning was needed as these values were right were they should be. Very happy with turn around.

632 Regal
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
yep Derek A went through this, took a couple weeks before he decided that it was a waste of time and money.
cleaning works for good but dirty injectors.

But if one or two tests bad, or ticking and leaking injectors. then you in the market for new ones anyway.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I've know of no real problem with the current injectors, so I think they're good. I just have them out and think a good cleaning would do them good. Hate to spend big dollars on 8 new injectors when the current ones could be good. I used premium always, and do use injection cleaner regularly.

632 Regal
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Well....thats different. Sounded like you were having potential problems. Clean em up then! lol
I've know of no real problem with the current injectors, so I think they're good. I just have them out and think a good cleaning would do them good. Hate to spend big dollars on 8 new injectors when the current ones could be good. I used premium always, and do use injection cleaner regularly.

Jr ///M5
11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Get in touch with Dave Rutkowski, I was talking to him about that very subject Saturday during the bushing/clutch marathon....sorry I didn't get to see you there.

JR

ryan roopnarine
11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
worse comes to worse.....
do you get any kind of discount on services at your dealership? yeah, you'd have to bolt it back together first. just have them run the on-car FI cleaning more than once. not only are they reasonably cleaned out after that, you get carbon removal as well

632 Regal
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
they will dock his pay and he will be asking for membership fees here dude! relax.

do you get any kind of discount on services at your dealership? yeah, you'd have to bolt it back together first. just have them run the on-car FI cleaning more than once. not only are they reasonably cleaned out after that, you get carbon removal as well

Derek A.
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I had a set cleaned. Was chasing down some other problems. Never really was sure if the injectors played a role or not. I did find that the brand new ones were significantly better than the cleaned old ones. I got mine through five-0 and the price was not that bad. If you have a choise - get the new ones and be done with it !

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I do get a discount on parts and service, but you'd be suprised, I can get parts cheaper through the net. Unreal that employee price is more than can be found retail on the net! And as far as doing the work myself, I like doing it! I am strange that way, I'd rather do it myself than trust anyone else to my car! Good suggestion though. There's a place nearby that one of the mechanics recommended I might try to get them cleaned at. Otherwise I might just spring for those new ones from five-o.

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
JR

Dave sent me to a place in Palatine (I think, it's at my work addy) that can't get them done for me by the weekend. They are short staffed right now.

Hey Jr, great article. Thanks for mentioning me and the site. I'm all the talk at the dealership right now. Yeah, sorry I missed you as well. Next time.

Get in touch with Dave Rutkowski, I was talking to him about that very subject Saturday during the bushing/clutch marathon....sorry I didn't get to see you there.

JR

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Nope, just replacing a leaky valley pan gasket with a whole new improved valley pan. Stupid me, I didn't do this when I replaced the oil separator plate about a year ago. But at least I'm getting better at taking the top of the m62 off!

Well....thats different. Sounded like you were having potential problems. Clean em up then! lol