PDA

View Full Version : Glass refinishing advice needed.

CharlesAFerg
11-06-2006, 02:58 AM
I have drip-lines from acid on my windows which i cleaned up with a glass stripper and a buffer... It has removed them 70% (I just need to go over them again to be rid of the drip lines) But my dilemma is the water now does not bead but just slides down the glass... I think it is a combination of the stripper and the bad buffer pad. Is there anything like a final polish to smooth off the glass so water will bead on it? Don't say rain-x because that's only temporary. I live in Oregon... Soooo right now if you live in the northwest, you'd understand when I say that I can't see sh**.
:D
-Charles

Tiger
11-06-2006, 07:56 AM
A super clean glass will only film, not bead... so finish taking out that acid line and then apply RainX. RainX will bead up like you want. No glass will bead up automatically unless it is dirty or has a Andersen E4 coating... which is only for house.

CharlesAFerg
11-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Uhhh New cars don't film.. I can't see ****. lol
I am thinking about using some kind of even finer polish with a better pad on them...

Anyone had this problem?

ericcamaro
11-11-2006, 03:13 AM
I use Right Looks glass polish. Wont make the water bead but makes the glass crystal. Use rain-x or similar product so water beads off.

CharlesAFerg
11-11-2006, 03:20 AM
I use Right Looks glass polish. Wont make the water bead but makes the glass crystal. Use rain-x or similar product so water beads off.

Okay, I have some so I'll polish it again with that, change my wipers and then use some rain-x.

Thx for the advice guys!

632 Regal
11-11-2006, 01:22 PM
forget rain x try aquapel, stuffs the whip! I have about 10 left over if you want to try it.