PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bill R. Code scan results...

Adnan
04-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Hi Bill,

The code came back as cylinder #2 misfire. I figure the potential components in this chain are spark plugs, HT wires, coil pack and ignitor. Am I missing anything? Cam & crank sensors seem a long shot.

HT wires are new so I'll replace plugs. Would you advise anything else?

Thanks,
Adnan

Bill R.
04-15-2004, 12:07 PM
subaru's starting point list... down at the bottom... also on codes like this its possible that it was randomly generated and after you clear the codes it won't come back... if it does then you know you have a problem
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/suba1.jpg

Hi Bill,

The code came back as cylinder #2 misfire. I figure the potential components in this chain are spark plugs, HT wires, coil pack and ignitor. Am I missing anything? Cam & crank sensors seem a long shot.

HT wires are new so I'll replace plugs. Would you advise anything else?

Thanks,
Adnan

Adnan
04-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks Bill,

Yup, code P0302. The body shop tech said the car ran rough, which is when the code must have been set. Right now, the engine seems fine and the codes are not coming back.

Compression? Boy, I hope it isn't a stuck valve or something like that. I'm crossing my fingers for a fouled spark plug. Car doesn't burn any oil so this surprises me.

I'll keep a close eye on it. Thanks much. Its due for a smog check (on the dyno!).

Regards,
Adnan