PDA

View Full Version : Light upgrade for the E34

aabdelhamid
11-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Did anyone out there try to eliminate the lenses from the headlights low beam. After installing my HID set 4300k I get less light. I am thinking either to do one of the following three steps (might be stupid ) but taht's what I think:
1) Remove the lenses to get clearer beam
2) Remove that plastic visor inside the headlight
3) Install the glass cover usually found on the high beams on the low beams instead of the serrated one that originally is on the high beam

I see some pictures for cars that have the low beams fully illuminated and not only the spot coming from the lens, did these guys remove the lens. Please help me out on this...

SnakeyesTx
11-05-2006, 10:04 AM
There's a site, I think its called BMWLight or something like that. They offer the headlight glass without the reflective pattern. Just nice smooth, clear glass. I've also seen them on ebay. When I do my CCFL Angel eyes and HID's, I'll be doing this lens changeover as well. Since most angel eyes are led, I'd rather just make my own set with CCFL/HID and clear lenses.

Macv
11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Im not sure I fully understand whats going on but, what HID ballast did you use? As well as what bulb? That may be the reason why you've lost light.

Qube
11-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Sounds like you have an ellipsoid lens. Please update your profile with your car details so we don't need to make any assumptions. Post some pictures of your setup as well.