PDA

View Full Version : Replacing parking light

bigtisas
11-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Newbie question but I've searched bmwe34.net but couldn't find the answer. I am trying to replace the front parking light. Opened the hood but I did'n't see an easy way to access it. Any ideas?

winfred
11-04-2006, 07:47 PM
just doing the bulb is not too bad, it unclips from the back, you may have a piece of plastic keeping you from seeing it, doing the housing can be pain in the ass, theres 2-3 + screws holding it in inconvenient positions and i can't remember if you can sneak it out without pulling the grill, if not then you need to research pulling the grills to do headlights, it's well documented here and around the net

Qsilver7
11-04-2006, 08:21 PM
What model & year? Do you have an owners manual? If you do...there should be instructions on how to replace these bulbs.

bigtisas
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
The owners manual says taking off the plastic cover in the engine compartment. I am trying to replace the left front parking light but the left corner has the air intake housing. I'm not sure which plastic cover the manual refers to. Looks like there is no easy way to do it.

Thanks.
92 525ia M50

93 525 Paul
11-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Just pull the air cleaner cover and the "s-tube" that enter the plastic cover. Then remove the plastic cover. Then you have access to the rear of the parking light housing. Look closely and you will see that the parking light socket has two squeeze locks at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Squeeze the locks and pull toward the rear of the car and you are good to replace the bulb and reverse the order of removal.
Just did it this week.