PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy air filter locally?

bigtisas
11-03-2006, 01:49 AM
I meant other than buying from the stealer. I checked Kragen, Autozone, Target, Walmart and none of them carry air filter for 92 525i.

Paul in NZ
11-03-2006, 02:29 AM
honestly for the small stuff the dealer is ok.....

colo525i
11-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Any small independent shops in your area? My local parts place got spark plugs and an air filter within 1 day. They are a Wix filter dealer, so i think that was a big help. It is odd that autozone or kragen wouldn't stock it

KenB
11-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Good luck buying from the mass parts markets. Here's how it went for me:

Autozoned gave me the wrong size, they had 2 (?) listed for the 525 (Fram) the one they gave me was too small. Didn't realize it until I tried to put it in after driving home. Had to take it back and go through the refund process. No correct filter in stock. They could order one but it would take "a week or so" to get it. Thanks for your help.

Now it's getting dark and I'm driving with NO air filter in the box, no big deal for a few miles but I drive 4-500miles a week so...Proceed 5 miles down the road to Advanced Auto; didn't have it.

Drive another 10 miles to Pep Boys. They had one that looked like it was in a box that was 20 years old and the filter was a little dirty around the edges, like someone tried to use it and returned it. Since it was fine otherwise I asked for a used filter discount. After convincing the guy at the parts counter that I did NOT bring the filter into the store with me, he took it to the manager.

The manager told the checkout person to give it to me for 50% off, her brain flatlined as she stared at the register for a full minute before saying, "I hate math." The full price was $19.99. The people behind me in line were getting fidgety, she was getting on my last nerve.

I finally said just make it 10 bucks and let's call it a day. Installed it in the parking lot under a street light.

A 5 minute job done in just under 2 hours.

632 Regal
11-03-2006, 10:09 AM
any time I place an order with BMA I'll get 2 air filters and oil filters and stock em on a shelf.

Fetch
11-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Got an STP for my 530 at Autozone, perfect fit.

However the two STPs (I think the brand was) I bought from Autozone didn't fit my 750iL I used to have, so I ended up going to the dealer in that case.

Dave M
11-03-2006, 10:47 AM
any time I place an order with BMA I'll get 2 air filters and oil filters and stock em on a shelf.

OOoooh, they had a 'three oil filters for $15 deal' last time I had something shipped. Thats love.

Denton
11-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Seriously, just get it from the dealer.

They're great quality too.

Qube
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
This belongs in the joke section :)

The manager told the checkout person to give it to me for 50% off, her brain flatlined as she stared at the register for a full minute before saying, "I hate math." The full price was $19.99. The people behind me in line were getting fidgety, she was getting on my last nerve.

I finally said just make it 10 bucks and let's call it a day.

Jehu
11-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I bought my Mann air and fuel filters on a visist to Bavarian Autosports