PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an SRS light reset i can borrow?

markus
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
i was replacing my dash cluster bulbs last night and had to remove the steering wheel. I did disconnect the battery but didnt remove the electrical connector for the airbag. would this be the reason why it would kick the light on? Instead i removed the connector that plugs directly into the airbag. anyone ahve the tool i can borrow to reset the light or can i just disconnect the battery?

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-02-2006, 05:04 PM
i was replacing my dash cluster bulbs last night and had to remove the steering wheel. I did disconnect the battery but didnt remove the electrical connector for the airbag. would this be the reason why it would kick the light on? Instead i removed the connector that plugs directly into the airbag. anyone ahve the tool i can borrow to reset the light or can i just disconnect the battery?

You should have been okay, you disconected the battery first.

You may want to chack to see if the SRS wiring plugs are in good before head to the dealer for a reset.

acidfire52
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
As long as you do not turn on the car without the airbag plugged in you will be fine.

I took mine out a couple of times that way and just made sure it was plugged back in before I turned on the car and all was well.