PDA

View Full Version : NJ Inspection Station that will pass Tint

saj3n
11-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone know of a good New Jersey inspection station that will pass a vehicle even though it has the front windows tinted? I would hate to have to pay to take them off and then reapply them.

E34 530
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Just go to a local mechanic shop that does NJ inspections and slip the guy a few notes.

saj3n
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
This works for me! I'll go and see about getting that done sometime this week. I wonder if I can find one open on Sundays.

duby55
11-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Even with a good inspection sticker, the cops will still be able to stop you and ticket you in this state. I was given an earful by a local cop and he promised me a ticket if he saw me anytime soon if it wasn't removed. Boy, I hate being stopped by the police.

saj3n
11-02-2006, 07:30 PM
yea, i just paid a ticket for the tint. :-P But its a bigger ticket driving without the proper inspection and stuff. Tint ticket was only like $60... I figured I can keep it registered in NJ, and risk getting tickets when I drive through there (not too often since I live/work/study in Philly), or get it registered in PA and no longer feel the relief when a PA officer pulls behind me, because I know they can't pull me over "just because" since I'm a "New Jersey" resident.