PDA

View Full Version : Vandals got me!!!!! Stupid Kids!

saj3n
10-31-2006, 11:00 AM
while preparing to go to the movies with the misses last night, I get a knock on the door, its my neighbor asks "is that black bmw your's", I told him "yes...." I go outside and see paint splatter all over my car!

20 minutes after cleaning, here's how it looked...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/IMG_0170.jpg

Its much better now, but still alot of small splatter spots on the car... any quick suggestions? I need to pick up some bug & tar remover... I read that helps out a bit

Russell
10-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Check Roadfly or Autopia detailing forums. Sooner you get it off the better. If it is latex paint a wash with Dawn dish washing detergent may help. Also you might take it to a detail shop for advice or cleanup. I am sure they deal with this problem often.

Tar remover may also help. Clay may help remove small spots. However, if the offending paint is down into small crevices, a lot of work is needed.

Qube
10-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Definitely get it clayed or otherwise pro done quickly before it eats your orig paintwork... :(

Dave M
10-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh brother.......

Did they nail you with paintball guns? I'm sorry I can't help with paint removal, but I'm sure hitting it fast like you have will certainly help. What a truely beautiful black beast. It needs to be fixed! Along with the vandals ;)

Dave M

632 Regal
10-31-2006, 11:14 AM
what a mess, hopefully it all comes off without too much work and expense.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Yea, I will be going to the detail shop first thing tomorrow morning (in classes and today and work tonight)....hopefully its not too much work to get the rest of the spots off.

Omega
10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
You are taking it remarkable calmly. Personally I would be baying for blood.

I really hope that it all buffs out and you manage to catch up with the bastards responsible. Mindless vandalism like that really makes my blood boil. :(

saj3n
10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I surprised myself last night... When I saw it I was more frustrated than angry. I figured it could've been worse... they could've keyed the hell out of it... and then i'd be paying for a new paint job. Or broke windows etc.... don't get me wrong though, I would wring their necks if I found them!

Fetch
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
wtf, all you say is stupid kids?
I would be beyond furious.

What the **** is wrong with kids? I'm being completely serious.

Omega
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Have you had the car professionally cleaned now? I hope all the paint came off.

We are just about to "celebrate" halloween tonight in the UK. I can hardly wait (sarcasm) - I hate this time of year. It's legalised thuggery. If any one comes within 20 feet of my BM they can expect to spend the rest of the evening picking up their teeth from my driveway.

All you have to hope is what goes around comes around.

fkong777
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Damn kids need a good whipping.

Clay then Scratch-X it.. you will end up having a shinier car.. Oh top it off with wax after you clear it all up.

CharlesAFerg
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
wtf, all you say is stupid kids?
I would be beyond furious.

What the **** is wrong with kids? I'm being completely serious.

I'm a recent graduate of the teenage years (20 in August)
They weren't raised right, and/or they had nothing to do.
How lame.

I'm glad I was raised right... Any reason why they did it, any parents get pissed off at you? There had to be a reason...

Anyways, that should come off, it looks like your paint needs a polishing anyways by the looks of those swirls, so use the bug and tar remover quickly and then clean w clay and wash it...then you could polish some of that off ith a very, very light abrasive.

Did you have the teflon wax on it? It doesn't look like you had much on, that stuff does wonders on repelling that kind of small splatter, but you already knew that.

Oh, and no "Paint guns" don't actually use paint Dave M.

E34 530
10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
I surprised myself last night... When I saw it I was more frustrated than angry. I figured it could've been worse... they could've keyed the hell out of it... and then i'd be paying for a new paint job. Or broke windows etc.... don't get me wrong though, I would wring their necks if I found them!

Then you could have got a new paintjob with only a $500 deductable.

skr
10-31-2006, 01:07 PM
this made me realy sad and angry and it's not even my car. i hope you find whoever did this. personaly i whould break all their fingers(and hands too) with a large hammer. you know wht they say: "eye for a tooth".
i hope u get your paint back in order cause it's one of the most beautifull cars around here...

saj3n
10-31-2006, 01:33 PM
lol, i know right...

saj3n
10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
That's the same thing I told my Fiance... "See, its a sign that I should be waxing my car more often". I wish I had the teflon was on it then... :(

I had the chance, skipped a class, and took the car to a nearby detailer. They are going to do a 2 Step Heavy Compouding with the Teflon Clear Coat, a 3 hour job, garunteed to get the paint out, and make the entire car look much better, for $85. Figured its not too much and I don't think I'd have the time to do it all myself, being midterm week and all.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Most of the paint was off as of last night, after pressure washing it, but there were alot of little paint spots all over it still. Almost like someone sneezed with paint in their mouth....

saj3n
10-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Awww.. :) Thanks! That makes me smile.... :) Hopefully i'll smile more after its back from the detailer. I will be watching out tonight for these buggers. A hammer or tire iron will be handy. :)

SC David
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
That's awful! Reminds me I gotta park in the garage tonight.

Macv
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Man, I feel horrible for you.

Retarded kids.

Just this morning I was thinking to myself, "I better park the cars in the warehouse tonight." Because around here any BMW is considered a sign of gloating and I've seen too many Bimmers with slashed tires, broken windows, etc.

I really hope you come out well in the end.

People do talk btw. ;)

Tiger
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Clay bar will remove any spots left.

31Hertz
10-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe what goes around will come back around to the perpetrators.

angrypancake
10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
i'm hiding my car in the back yard tonight, my dad's 528 at the end of the driveway and my moms truck will be teh only car visible. i'll be on the roof with a paintball gun, and frozen paintballs

BFEINZIMER
10-31-2006, 04:27 PM
thats so gay what happened sorry bout all that...ona lighter note what movie were you gonna see, haha ill tell you if its your worth cuse i work there ;)

Felixdacat
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
BB gun pumped 25 times will make them think twice next year. They will try to hit again tonight on someone else close by. Keep an eye out.

SnakeyesTx
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
I used to use gasoline on a cotton swab for semi-fresh paint and then wiped it down quickly with a sponge soaked in water. That or nail polish remover. The key here is just to use it sparsely and quickly enough as to not damage the body paint.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
It's all off!!!!

After the work I put in last night, and taking it to the detail shop this afternoon, the car is done! Not only is every speck of paint off, original paint looks 100 times better than before! Much better than the sig picture even! And not at a bad price either $85ish.... I do have pictures, but will post them once i get home, at work now. I'll take better ones in the morning as well.

Thanks for giving me something to do by being here conversing on the forum! Otherwise, I probably would have been freezing some paintballs (angrypancake). :) Happy Halloween to all!

saj3n
10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
That probably would have worked well. The only issue I had, is that most of the fresh stuff came off that night, but there were alot of small splotches left. I will remember this though, next time something like this happens.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Aww man! I could've samved some $$$ :-P We saw Saw III..... I didn't like it.... at all...

How's The Departed?

saj3n
10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Yea.... They'll learn their lesson soon enough i'm sure

saj3n
10-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Making me regret the extra $500 a month in rent, and 400 less square feet, in exchange for a garage!!!

I want one again now.... :( They are SOOO rare in this area!

... I don't try to gloat with the BMW..... I just like riding around in a great car! Especially when it looks pretty! :)

CharlesAFerg
10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
i'm hiding my car in the back yard tonight, my dad's 528 at the end of the driveway and my moms truck will be teh only car visible. i'll be on the roof with a paintball gun, and frozen paintballs

Damnit you're gonna break your gun dude, mess up the barrel and inner linings.

Aww man! I could've samved some $$$ :-P We saw Saw III..... I didn't like it.... at all...

How's The Departed?

Yeah, SAW 4 was announced, Halloween 07... *Shoots self with frozen paintballs from Angry's broken paintball gun*

BFEINZIMER
10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
I actualy heard SAW was good ill havta go see it...depated is a sic movie go see it its awesome

Milkboot
10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Wow, Must have happend at your place right? ;) Cause i dont know many women that would let a guy use THIER towels to clean something up when it comes to a car :P :P

Where did ya go to get it detailed?

Macv
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Woo congratz, glad it came out alright.

SAW 4's opening script (5 pages) has already leaked, just as the other's saws' scripts did.

specialguess
10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Glad to hear it came off

saj3n
10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Lol... happened at "our" place... But they were MY wash towels for the car. :-P

I forget the name of the shop, but will get it for you when I get my receipt at home.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Me too! Hey! You're engine bay looks great!

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-31-2006, 07:43 PM
they leave the meanest bruises

Watched a group of street punks get the sh!t sniped out of em.

It was wild

Spasso
10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I know this is late in the thread but this may help for future reference for everyone.

If it is latex paint you can soften it and remove it with alcohol, denatured. The alcohol will take any wax off but shouldn't hurt the clearcoat too much. If it is an oil based paint you can use a Naptha based cleaner similar (lighter fluid) to that used at body shops.

When all the heavy spatter is removed and there is still heavy staining you can try a cleaner polish. If that doesn't work you can wet-sand the clearcoat with 2000 grit paper, dual action polish, swirl remover and finally wax. You'll never know it happened.

One of the hardest things is to get clean is the trim and rubber mouldings. After cleaning the rubber treat it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. It is absolutely THE BEST you can do for your rubber bits including tires.

When all is said and done, this is MUCH better than a "key" job.

saj3n
10-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks Spasso! I will be saving this information for sure. :) You are right about that rubber and mouldings. Even when the paint was still wet and coming off of the car without too much hassle, there was no hope for the mouldings. I'm glad it was all taken care of at the detail shop.

Spasso
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
My pleasure.
Having owned a black car once (and only once) I know how labor intensive it is.

That's why mine is silver! HA!

Less of a target too.........................

angrypancake
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
How's The Departed?

amazing.

KenB
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Mine got bombed Saturday night in front of my GF's house, only car on the street that got it. Must be something about black Bimmers...

Whatever it was on my car, I was thankful it wasn't paint. It looked like puke, or cottage cheese or who knows what. I went directly to the carwash at 11 PM Sat night on my way home and high pressure washed it before it got a chance to dry. It was all over the roof and passenger side, sliding down the back window as I drove to the carwash, what a mess.

Glad you were able to get yours cleaned up good without too much trouble, $85 is cheap. I was at a MB dealership today to pick up parts, they were talking $350 to detail an ML. Yikes!

632 Regal
10-31-2006, 11:25 PM
garages garages garages, I wont go anywhere that I cant see my car. Even thou in the paint condition it is in cant pull more than 6k id rather take a limo to somewhere Id have to be at the mercy of cracktards.

To park outside even in my relitive rural home I dont worry about it I do however worry about missing the seconds of some crazy f_ck that would risk his life messing with anything this side of the road.

When I first moved in the previous owners daughter had a lot of fans.. paintballs and BS. Had to stay up late a few nights to fix that problem. Took a few nights on a lawnchair to catch them 2.

Dash01
10-31-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you, but glad you were able to repair the damage so well and so quickly.

In future, it might be worthwhile to have a can of Goof Off handy. This is a gentle solvent that has many uses, and will not harm the paint, plastics, etc.. Available at hardware and variety stores, for several bucks a can.

bmwalfa
11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
im a younger kid, and personally you shouldnt stereotype all of us, id whack a bitch if anyone touched my black beemer, including people my age

Ross
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
I haved used lacquer thinner to remove all sorts of nastiness from various cars over the years. The caveat being the cars paint must be fully cured and you need to be careful of course.
This is obviosly a very powerful solvent but is effective when used wisely.
A polish and wax after of course too.
Hope you catch the ****ers and drown them in paint!

saj3n
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't get me wrong... I don't mind kids.... I mind those kids without proper training, who enjoy messing with other people's properties. I'm sure you're great (you're on this forum so you cant be that bad :-P )

saj3n
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Some pictures after picking it up from the detail shop yesterday evening and a few more this morning.

Turns out that I made a few friends at the detail shop. They had alot of customer's commenting on the look of my car after they finished, 1 customer even told the owner to make sure he called when I came in to pick up the car so that he can find out where to get a set of wheels the same as mine. Makes it all worth it.

Not only is all the white paint gone, but the car's paint looks great!

(don't mind that missing portion of door trim, still looking for a replacement.)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/IMG_0171.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/IMG_0194.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/IMG_0196.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/IMG_0193.jpg

bmwalfa
11-01-2006, 03:55 PM
well, i do have the proper training, ive been racing cars all my life competitivley, but i hear what your saying, most people my age are just freaking dumb, they have no respect for anything nice they have, or anything nice anyone else does

Spasso
11-01-2006, 04:38 PM
when I came in to pick up the car so that he can find out where to get a set of wheels the same as mine. Makes it all worth it.

I like your wheels too. Could you tell me the sizes? Width, diameter and off- set. Tire sizes?

saj3n
11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
18x8 front 18x9 rear. And if I can remember correctly, 245/40/18 front 265/35/18 rear.

Spasso
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks.

Ross
11-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Ha Ha, I still use my ex's favorite bath towels on the car. You can nearly see through them now.

Macv
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Haha I see you. You have an absolutely awesome car. I've always loved it, not sure if I've told you.