PDA

View Full Version : can anybody tell me how to write in Quebec French....

ryan roopnarine
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
This item is a gift, and is used.

sending some e34 parts north of the border for an eskimo dweller (for testing purposes), and don't want the alphabet boys to hold things up.
I know that I took 7+ years of kanaduh french, I just don't want it to sound like a babelfish translation, and have them give anyone (dave) static....

Thanks very much

ps...if no one can do the quebec french, any other french would be appreciated :D

Jehu
10-30-2006, 09:43 PM
what's the diffaurance?

winfred
10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
ahhhh one of my favorites, pulp fiction

Butch: I think I cracked a rib.
Fabienne: from Giving me oral pleasure?
Butch: No, retard, from the fight.

..but don't just get them wet. I used the same soap you did and when I dried my hands, the towel didn't look like no f##in' m#xi-p@d..

RockJock
10-30-2006, 11:53 PM
This item is a gift, and is used.

sending some e34 parts north of the border for an eskimo dweller (for testing purposes), and don't want the alphabet boys to hold things up.
I know that I took 7+ years of kanaduh french, I just don't want it to sound like a babelfish translation, and have them give anyone (dave) static....

Thanks very much

ps...if no one can do the quebec french, any other french would be appreciated :D

sharkmanBMW may be your guy!!

mamilapon
10-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Salut Ryan, je peux T'aider si tu veux!!

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Salut Ryan, je peux T'aider si tu veux!!

sure. i'm over the quebec thing. i'd appreciate your help. just a generic translation and proper capitalization/punctuation for the phrase "this item is used, and is a gift". i don't know if that or "this item is a gift, and is used" would be more proper french (which is why i wanted to ask before i wrote it on the package, and caused a bigger problem). whichever, if you please. thanks in advance.

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 12:27 AM
ahhhh one of my favorites, pulp fiction

Butch: I think I cracked a rib.
Fabienne: from Giving me oral pleasure?
Butch: No, retard, from the fight.

see, i wrote that because of the awesome picture (below) that somebody on the internets made. was hoping that somebody would put the two together. i wrote the quote because of some kind of contest (don't even remember exactly what it was) on fark where people were supposed to make movie quotes into phrases in the biblical style (or something similar) i couldn't fit this choice one into the 2-300 characters allowed in the signature black that we get.

"And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean. But don't just get them wet. I used the same soap you did and when I dried my hands, the towel didn't look like no farkin' maxi-pad."
(Leviticus 15:13)

Jehovah: Mmmm! Goddamn, Abel! This is some serious gourmet shiat! Usually, me and Gabriel would be happy with some half dead sheep with hoof rot, but he springs this serious GOURMET shiat on us! What flavor is this?
Abel: Knock it off, .
Jehovah: [pause] What?
Abel: I don't need you to tell me how farking good my sheep is, okay? I'm the one who sacrifices it. I know how good it is. When Cain goes sacrificing he burns shiat. Me, I burn the gourmet expensive stuff because when I sacrifice it I want you to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the sheep on my altar, it's my dead self hidden in the bushes.
Jehovah: Oh, Abel, don't even worry about that...

winfred
10-31-2006, 12:37 AM
"wow that was trippy"

mamilapon
10-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Ces pieces sont de seconde mains, et donne en caddeau au benefacteur.
There's an accent on the e at the end of 'donne' but my keyboard is an English one.I hope it helps.

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 01:21 AM
There's an accent on the e at the end of 'donne' but my keyboard is an English one.I hope it helps.

thanks so much.

Jehu
10-31-2006, 01:36 AM
If you use windows you can get the é in the Character Map.Start> Programs>Accesories>System Tools>Character map. Double Clik on the character desired and choose copy then you can paste it into your text.

mamilapon
10-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Roger..

Montreal525
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
sharkmanBMW may be your guy!!

I guess I can help too... ;)

Jeff

Montreal525
10-31-2006, 04:44 PM

Hummm... Good but a bit too clean. I'm guessing you're a Quebec anglophone. If so, I applaude your knowledge of french... ;)

If you're trying to send a package thru customs, here's my take on it :

" Item usagé. envoyé comme cadeau"

I wouldn't write anything more, that's all they need to know... Note the accents on the "e".

BTW, Canadian Customs is a Federal organisation therefore bilingual... Writing all information in english is just as good....

Jeff

Dave M
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
"these items are second hand, and a gift for the benefactor"

Thanks fellas,

Dave M

Dave M
10-31-2006, 08:21 PM
BTW, Canadian Customs is a Federal organisation therefore bilingual... Writing all information in english is just as good....

Jeff

Agreed. I wouldn't sweat it Ryan.

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't sweat it Ryan.

i've had the department of homeland security confiscate things going OUT of the US to Canada for some reason. i would have forgotten about declaring free+gift if you didn't remind me dave. i'd rather be sure. also, i want it to look like a canada man cereal box.

Kelloggs frosted flakes
they're grrrrreeaatttt!!!
un vrai rrrrrrregal!!!

Dave M
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh, in that case, just write "pour une tueur de series".

See how far Tony gets ;)

thanks going the extra mile.

mamilapon
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Agreed, yours is definitely better.

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
here's the stuff im going to pack into a box.
i've already typed it here instead of putting it into a pm, so too late.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/rroopnar/dm.jpg
a) MAF

B)+ C) voltage regulator for 140a alternator that mounts the voltage reg. "that way". im sending this because the "parking brake" illumination part of your symptoms seems to suggest a voltage issue. i don't know much though. C is a brush and spring that needs to be soldered in to it to be used (the spring died, long story). if i could find my soldering iron in my colossal pile of shiat (you can see shiat, that is a pic of my "second desk" that is supposed to be free and uncluttered for me to study on.....not collect autoparts) i'd do it for you. i don't know if canadian tire offers free charging system checks with a machine...long story short, if you are getting stuck, and you find your charging system a wee bit flaky, better i have sent this along,and at least given you the chance to swap and check. its only 20 grams anyways

D) TPS

E) intake air sensor

F) DME water temp sensor

G) ICV

H) Fuel injector

I) working O2 sensor--generic. would have to be spliced in, but i'd rather give you the option to have a spare to check things with than to not send it at all. about 75 grams, so not a big deal.

J) 6 coils. i've painted numbers on both the boots and coils with blue nail polish so you know which goes with which.

K) 6 boots. ditto J. one doesn't "snap" into place like the others. use L to simultaneously push the boot onto the coil and ensure that the plug has good contact

L) one new, known working plug (just in case

going to package it up now and see if i can't get it out tomorrow.

ryan roopnarine
10-31-2006, 09:38 PM
ps...yeah the boots look pretty broke-dick, but they will run the car without misfiring so long as you aren't trying to drive in a monsoon. coil/boot combinations 3 and 4 do not snap into place, use the spark plug to seat them.