PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love contact cleaner.

billb
10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Sunday, I load the family up in the E30 for church and brunch afterwards. Go to church with the blower fan on, working fine. Come out afterwards, and I only have fan speed 4. It's nice out, so having the windows down a bit keeps us plenty cool. Get home, pull off the blower housing covers, pull out the resistor card, squirt it good with contact cleaner, put it back in, works fine. 15-minute repair, saving me $25 for a new card.

Also, Saturday, I solved a driveline clunk in the Explorer. The slip yoke needed some new grease, and pulling the driveshaft and relubing the splines seems to have done the trick.

Of course, later in the evening Sunday, the wife says "Should I see water in the pan under the washing machine?" Uh-oh. All I could find there was a water inlet valve with a few drops around it, but all the rest of the plumbing was tight. Hmmm...

You win some, you lose some.

CharlesAFerg
10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Sunday, I load the family up in the E30 for church and brunch afterwards. Go to church with the blower fan on, working fine. Come out afterwards, and I only have fan speed 4. It's nice out, so having the windows down a bit keeps us plenty cool. Get home, pull off the blower housing covers, pull out the resistor card, squirt it good with contact cleaner, put it back in, works fine. 15-minute repair, saving me $25 for a new card.

Also, Saturday, I solved a driveline clunk in the Explorer. The slip yoke needed some new grease, and pulling the driveshaft and relubing the splines seems to have done the trick.

Of course, later in the evening Sunday, the wife says "Should I see water in the pan under the washing machine?" Uh-oh. All I could find there was a water inlet valve with a few drops around it, but all the rest of the plumbing was tight. Hmmm...

You win some, you lose some.

Marriage... I don't even want to think about it yet.