PDA

View Full Version : Touche Seat Twist

boardburton
10-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I finally got around to trying to fix my seat twist. The guide I found was somewhat roughly translated and confusing. I couldn't find the seat belt tensioner and so I just took the seat out. I had my doubts but finally I got out the drive cable, cut the sheathing back, and wha-la. My seat works good as new again.

It only took about 45 minutes and wasn't really hard... just took like 15 minutes to get the 8mm bolts out because of their location. I had to do 1/4 turn at a time... which took awhile.

Paul in NZ
10-28-2006, 11:28 PM
good work,onward and upward!

Jehu
10-28-2006, 11:39 PM
which guide did you use? I should fix my pass seat twist and finally get around to fixing my little bit of drivers seat rock... That is really annoying..

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Maybe too many.

I do The hybred method.

remove the motor

remove the cable

remove the inner drive cable, dust washer ETC.

Heat the end cap and pull it off.

Trim @ 13mm off the plastic outer sheath

carefully reround the cap to flaten out the crimped teeth so it can be re installed.

replace the cap on to the cable

re crimp the cap on to the sheath, note the little triangle teeth the need to be crimpped into the sheath. (use a dyke type wire cutter to do this)

re insert the inner drive cable

Re time the seat (this requires using a cordless drill and resetting both sides of the seat to the same postion by hooking up the drill to the inner drive cable and running the seat into position)

replace the cables into the motor

bolt it all back together

and sing a few bars of Deutschland uber alles

boardburton
10-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I just tilted my seat until it was even on both sides, not twisted. Took my seat out. Unscrewed one end of the drive motor, then took the cable out. Heated the cap and took it off. Cut off 13mm of the sheath, put cap back on, heated it into place, squeezed it hard so it wouldnt move. Put seat back in and yay.

Qube
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM
which guide did you use? I should fix my pass seat twist and finally get around to fixing my little bit of drivers seat rock... That is really annoying..

Seat rock can be cured by a well placed zip tie. Worth the effort if you won't want to spend more than 5 minutes at it :)

indierthanthou
02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
sorry for bringing up an old thread, but where exactly would that zip tie be placed? take a pic or something! this is driving me nuts

John B.
02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I got rid of the rocking seat on my 535i by adjusting the play out of the large shoulder bolt under the seat.

Guelphguy
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Where do we put the tie?!?

Fetch
02-13-2007, 03:22 PM
the back of my passenger seat rocks a little, this can be fixed with a tie???....Do tell! :)