PDA

View Full Version : 94 525i won't start

emc525
10-28-2006, 08:46 AM
All of a sudden my wife car wont' start. I put the car in neutral, park, etc. I turn the key and I get nothing. My windows and sunroof don't work, my wiper only work on high. I checked the fuse link off the battery(red cable) it checked ok. what are some other thing I need to check? Thanks in advance.

Qsilver7
10-28-2006, 09:28 AM
did you check the battery? What's its voltage? Is it betwen 10.5v-11.5v (too low and needs replacing)...or is it higher (11.8v-12.5v)?

Only asking because you said nothing about it. If you've unlocked your OBC...you can do a TEST #9 to get the battery voltage. If not, do you have a meter? If not, then remove it and take it to a place like Batteries Plus, or Autozone so they can load test it.

If it is low...and you're at Autozone...just pick up a Duralast 49DL (usually for around $69)...if you're at Advance Auto pick up an Autocraft Titanium 49-1 (approx $59-$69)...if you're at Batteires Plus get a Werker 95R (approx $115).

Instructions on how to unlock the OBC:
To unlock OBC:
press 10 and 1000 ("Test" appears in the display)
enter 19 (press the 10 button once & the 1 button nine times) then press S/R button ("locked" appears in the display)
Now input the sum of the of the day and the month programmed in the OBC. (should be today's date... example: day 28 and month 10 equals 38). Using the 1000/100/10/1 buttons, press the 10 button 3 times and the 1 button 8 times.
press S/R (OBC unlocked)
There are 20 test functions available on the OBC
matrix display activation of LEDs
AVG fuel consump. (car must be moving) liters per 100/Km
AVG momentary fuel consump. liters per hour
Fuel consump. for range AVG last 50 Km (dampened)
Fuel consump. for range determined (not dampened)
Present fuel amount liters (not dampened)
Present fuel amount liters (dampened)
Road speed from inst. cluster K.P.H.
Battery voltage (w/engine NOT running...system(alternator) voltage with engine running)
Sets reserve amount E-34 only
Programming language E-34 only
AVG speed for ARR time K.P.H.
Arrival time undampened
MFG date of ROM
Fault memory for MFG purposes
Check of inputs and out puts
All data for OBC IV
Horn sound for code alarm see note below
Lock or Unlock
Correction factor see note below
Once the OBC is unlocked...at anytime you want to activate TEST program press the 10 and 1000 buttons... "TEST" appears in the display. Then using the 1000/100/10/1 buttons...enter the TEST # you want and press the S/R button. To leave the TEST features, press any of the OBC feature buttons.

emc525
10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I took the battery to advance auto and it checked out ok. Sorry for not giving you that info. When I turn the key to start it, all the lights come on, but it won't do anything.

emc525
10-28-2006, 11:35 AM
FYI,

The fuses 7.5 amps(brown) # 33 and 32 under the rear seat were blown. They looked good but once I put a meter on it, it was blown. Replaced the fuses and she started right up. Hopefully the fuse was faulty or aged. I will make sure I have some extra ones just in case it happens again. That way I can get the car to the shop if the fuse continue to blow. Thanks Qsilver7 for responding to my problem.

roll'in again