PDA

View Full Version : two months of smooth running....

splower
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Well,

After all that with the transmission a couple of months back, and changing all the tyres (with nice Pirelli P6000s) I've just finished two months of driving every day without a single thing go wrong, touch wood....

This week I added some injector cleaner into my fuel, and the results are incredible; the idle is slightly smoother than it allready was, but i'm currently getting 5mpg more on average. And this is being slightly more heavy footed than before. I'd recomend it to anyone.

Also put in some valve tappet treatment stuff from halfords. Seems to have made the tapping noise on start up go away.

I came very close to buying an E38 740i last week, but got back into the E34 and though "nah, I cant sell this..." so I might keep it and get the 7er anyway...

-Simon

oh yeah, need to put a new sig picture on, managed to adjust the bonnet so there's no gap above the grille now...

Paul in NZ
10-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I put in njector cleaner a couple o tanks before each service.I sevice the car as per the SI lights.I run synthetic oil for the full service interval,and you are right the car runs nicer.

Fetch
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
2 months??

The time draws near............

brosher
10-27-2006, 07:55 PM
=touch wood....

Lol, I believe you need to "knock on wood". :p

I've had my car for 2+ months. Heater core, blown upper radiator hose and intake gaskets. Power steering leak still needs addressing. :( In all fairness though this is all crap the PO should have done. Hoping for some similar smooth sailing over the next 2...

CharlesAFerg
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I put in njector cleaner a couple o tanks before each service.I sevice the car as per the SI lights.I run synthetic oil for the full service interval,and you are right the car runs nicer.

Ever tried "Stabil" ?
It's amazing, it actually cleans the hell out of the fuel system, it's great!

632 Regal
10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
isnt stabil a fuel stabilizer so you can use the gas a year later?
Ever tried "Stabil" ?
It's amazing, it actually cleans the hell out of the fuel system, it's great!

bigtisas
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Well,

This week I added some injector cleaner into my fuel, and the results are incredible; the idle is slightly smoother than it allready was, but i'm currently getting 5mpg more on average.

Which fuel injector cleaner do you use? There are so many on the market.

splower
10-28-2006, 12:29 PM
It was reddex injector cleaner, about £6.50 from halfords...

Zeuk in Oz
10-28-2006, 06:38 PM
touch wood

Lol, I believe you need to "knock on wood". :p

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but what various nationalities say for this superstition is interesting.

Obviously "splower" is English and says "touch wood", which is also how we say it here in Oz.

Presumably "brosher" is in the States where you say "knock on wood".

In Swedish they say "grab wood" as in grab hold of or touch.

In Danish, I believe, they say "touch the table", which presumably is made of wood.

Sorry for the digression, just interesting.

brosher
10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the education! Never knew that.

BillionPa
10-28-2006, 11:51 PM
stabil is 95% hydrotreated light naphthenic distillate and 5% proprietary additive package, not only does it prevent oxidation of fuel, but it removes varnish and gumming as well.