PDA

View Full Version : how do I take out the washer reservoir?

tazman
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi... I am new to this. Would appreciate your help. Recently I purchased a 1991 525i. I am getting Washer fluid low alert. I think it is the sensor, may be the float is not working properly. When I short the sensor the alert goes away. I would like to replace the sensor. But I am not sure how to take the reservoir tank out to take out the sensor. I emptied the tank, took out the soap tank, also the two clip screw from the top of the big tank, and took out the cover that covers the headlight assembly to make space. But still I was unable to take the tank out. Is there an easy way to take the washer tank out? I could barely reach the sensor plug but that is not enough to take the sensor out. It was so easy to do for my my 325. Any ideas? thnx

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM
it was just held in by the big black plastic screw.

and it lifted out tilting the top towards the headlights.

Check the position of the sensor, mine was turned 90 degrees off, so it would trip on hard stops

Ferret
10-27-2006, 04:57 AM
Bob lol,

I had the exact same problem with mine, was going 'nanas with the washer fluid bong at every start - decided to have a look and found the sensor 90 degrees out...

Wonder what's with that?

Paul in NZ
10-27-2006, 05:03 AM
too much fereting by PO

tazman
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks bob. Followed your instruction and the reservoir came out easily. Took the sensor out, cleaned it and tried with a volt meter. It works just perfect. no more ping and washer fluid low signal. :)