PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bad fr Bilstein HD, and saggy rear end

randoms
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I have two probs.

1) I have bilstein HD shocks all around. The front right one has died; that corner is soft and bouncy and it makes a sort of soft clunking over minor bumps. It's got a lifetime warranty, so I'm all set to get a new one cross shipped over.

2) My rear end has sagged, or my front end is sitting high. Either way the car looks a little off.

The connundrum is how far should I go with this? Two options I see are;

i)just do the shock and call it a day or

ii) do the shock and get some new springs while i'm at it to correct the sag. While I'm in there, i'm guessing I should replace a bunch of other little bushings bearings and things.

What do you guys think? What springs would you recommend for a comfy but sporty, mostly stock ride hight setup? And finally, what are the other bits and pieces I should replace while I'm in there?

Thanks tons for any advice.

/R

632 Regal
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
these cars tend to sit high in front making the rear look low. If you use lowering springs the front comes down some and looks not as "off"

stu1
10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
You'd really want to replace both front shocks rather than just the duff one (unless they're brand new). One old and one new shock can cause all sorts of handling and safety problems including uneven braking.

Stu.

Jr ///M5
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
My daughter Natalie is home from college and was reading over my shoulder... she said "Botox" would fix the saggy rear end...

Just thought I'd share that.....

Actually if you told us what model car you have, we might be able to give you some accurate information, now you know why you have an answer like "Botox"...

632 Regal
10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commondata/figureimages/landfill_deposit.jpg

Dave M
10-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Jeff, where's that landfill? I see a perfectly good toothbrush and set of steak knives.

Is Toronto still shipping garbage to Michigan?

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
on the medical waste

fujioko
10-26-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commondata/figureimages/landfill_deposit.jpg

There are some plastic soda bottles in that trash…. An enterprising person could scoop them up and redeem for ten cents per in Michigan.

BillionPa
10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
... check the condition of the rear shock mounts.