PDA

View Full Version : Headlight issues, help!

indierthanthou
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
My passenger side headlight and driver side fog light is out. Bulbs are ok, I resoldered the relays in the LKM, I checked the fuses, and it STILL won't work.

indierthanthou
10-28-2006, 09:43 PM
by the way, the passenger side parking light doesnt work, but the turn signal does. It's the same bulb. Fuses are ok.

shogun
10-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Parking light is controlled by the musrad relay, not the LKM.

1. Do you have power at the headlights?

2. Do you have power at the fuses even if the fuses seem to be o.k.?

Get the multimeter and measure it.
If there is no power at the fuses, then the LKM is still defective, because the relais inside the LKM have to close to get power to the fuses.

Another Bama Fan
10-28-2006, 10:28 PM
It's your LKM. e34 dose not have a mustartd fuse, that is on e32.

indierthanthou
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Parking light is controlled by the musrad relay, not the LKM.

1. Do you have power at the headlights?

2. Do you have power at the fuses even if the fuses seem to be o.k.?

Get the multimeter and measure it.
If there is no power at the fuses, then the LKM is still defective, because the relais inside the LKM have to close to get power to the fuses.

I have power at the headlights, but for some reason the terminal for the fuse has power, but when i put the fuse in, it has no power on the little points on the top of the fuse (not sure what they're called)

I ordered a refurbed LKM, should be in by friday. until then I have ghetto-rigged it with a jumper wire just till I get it figured out. I can't go with just one headlight. (flame suit on)

kyleN20
10-29-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah who the hell dose that kind of thing

indierthanthou
10-29-2006, 11:27 PM
yeah who the hell dose that kind of thing

its ok, she decided she didn't like that little jerry rig and spat it back out at me. blew a fuse on 94, no headlights....scared the crap outta me, had to drive with brights all the way home till i figured out what it was

kyleN20
10-30-2006, 12:08 AM
i bet people loved that, those things are bright

indierthanthou
10-30-2006, 12:12 AM
seriously, not a single person passed me without flashing. and it wasnt the good flashing, either. no boobies

indierthanthou
10-30-2006, 04:15 PM
new used LKM, fixed the headlights! parking light still out, so is the fog light, but that is probably just a bulb, or maybe a wiring problem. either way, I can see to drive...here come the HID's!