PDA

View Full Version : pulsing acceleration

gymkata
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I've noticed that my car seems to be pulsing a bit as I accerlate. It's not a smooth accereration. It happens more as the car is warming up. Any suggestions what it could be?

Luftpost
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Search under "Pendulum". This was/is a known problem on the auto GM tranny. Don't know if yours in man or Auto. I was stricken by it......:(

gymkata
10-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Search under "Pendulum". This was/is a known problem on the auto GM tranny. Don't know if yours in man or Auto. I was stricken by it......:(

Didn't find it searching as you said.
What is the correction, if any for this?

fkong777
10-26-2006, 03:33 AM
have you steam clean your engine recently? if so water can be in the sparkplug channel.

Luftpost
10-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Here is the link (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2221&highlight=pendulum) to the thread. Unfortunatley the bulletin is not coming up. Perhaps someone else has a source.

L.

trumpetr
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Your car is indicating that it going to explode at any moment. Sell it to me before that happens.

Actually,,what you describe sounds like 'surging' and/or 'hesitation'- do a search on these topics on this forum, and im sure you will get an answer. Sounds like it could be the 02 sensor,,,they tend to start to go bad around 60-80k,,,and typically cause surging. Could also be any number of things, fuel pump, MAF,,,but,,start with the most obvious. Again,,,a search on this forum re: surging and hesitation, will provide volumes of information.