PDA

View Full Version : 535i Burnout Video

DanH
10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Caution: Contains graphic abuse of an E34.

535i burnout video. It appears he gets a bit more of a burnout than he bargained for... apparently it has good tires up front and old ones in the rear that they were trying to burn off.

Video at Google. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3350379899378425904&hl=en)
(12minutes, uncut poor quality, can skip some of the middle to speed it up.)

weiss_535is
10-25-2006, 01:20 AM

535i burnout video. It appears he gets a bit more of a burnout than he bargained for... apparantly has good tires up front and old ones in the rear to burn off.

Video at Google. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3350379899378425904&hl=en)

Sorry if repost.

Thats about the smartest **** i've ever seen Dicks :(

SC David
10-25-2006, 01:48 AM
I wish my internet wouldn't try to reset its connection every minute so the video would be allowed to continue to stream and I could get past the 1:37:00 mark. I'll try again tomorrow I suppose.

Yiorgos
10-25-2006, 02:42 AM
It gets interesting after the 7 min mark :P

CharlesAFerg
10-25-2006, 03:33 AM
at just after 5 minutes in theres a little truck that passes him, fire comes out of it's exhaust roflmao....

Dude, does this guy have smoked high beams?

Of course I talk about the truck having fire shooting from the exhaust BEFORE i get to the part where the entire car actually catches on fire.

Good job destroying it, one more fake m5 bites the dust.

Jon K
10-25-2006, 07:27 AM
haha I always said M30s run too hot

Alexlind123
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
lame video, i gave up after 40seconds. But at least the music is good.

94530inh
10-25-2006, 10:03 AM
were they trying to destroy tha car?

632 Regal
10-25-2006, 10:06 AM
worth watching the whole thing.

lame video, i gave up after 40seconds. But at least the music is good.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
worth watching the whole thing.

I don't think he wanted to torch his car, just the tires. Watching them scramble around trying to extinguish the fire was pretty funny. Anybody want to translate the end credits?

Antrieb
10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
They probably stole it then trashed it. Who would do that to their own car?

duby55
10-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Looked like a case of terminal dumb ass to me.

Fetch
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
haha wow.

Yiorgos
10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
They probably stole it then trashed it. Who would do that to their own car?

They were wearing overalls, so they're apprentices of something. I was thinking (and hoping it wasn't the case) that maybe they're mechanics, and it was a client's car -- imagine that!

Alexlind123
10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
They were wearing overalls, so they're apprentices of something. I was thinking (and hoping it wasn't the case) that maybe they're mechanics, and it was a client's car -- imagine that!

A scary but reaslistic thought...

Macv
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Haha, in the comments, somebody states it was an act to rid their country of left hand drive cars.

How dumb

SC David
11-04-2006, 03:17 AM
I finally got to watch the whole thing. Poor car, it looked to be in decent shape. I'd say the car lasted pretty long for how long he had it planted on the limiter.

genphreak
11-04-2006, 06:33 AM
If he'd bothered to turn the motor off once it caught on fire (and hence stop the flow of fuel a bit earlier than he did, it wouldn't have caught. If only he'd burned with it... we'd be better off :)

What I want to know is, if he wanted to put the fire out, why didn't he get people to go get some water, or help putting earth/grass on the problem in the bay. I mean, they had some time before it burned... and all they did was run around the car 200 times.... definately short on brain cells those guys. I wish I could read polish/slav or whatever it was to know more.

I'd say what started the fire underneath was the tranny mounts- they and the tranny wiring would be the first things to start burning. The cats might have hit 2000 odd degrees or something ridiculous- and he let it sit there with them radiating whilst he was pumping 3.5 bar of fuel all over the engine bay.

What do you think they told the customer? 'Oh, did you have trouble with your car's wiring? It caught fire all on its own last night, we're lucky it didn't take the whole shop down...'

Maybe he'll get jailed for being such a fool- and taking the whole thing way too far on top. This'd be the only way the customer would get the truth- unless they saw it on the Internet.

Ross
11-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Either stolen or borrowed. German plate, non German participants.
Looks like the cat overheated a bit, maybe raw fuel going in while bouncing on the rev limiter.
Amazing how much abuse a machine can take.

Derek A.
11-04-2006, 08:39 AM
The guy had **** wheels and tires on the back end. So my guess is that he was planning on shooting the burnout video. If he had stolen the car - why bother to put a set of crappy tires on the back end.

I am thinking he burned up the center driveshaft bearing - at the rubber caught fire. Probably lots of grease and oil. The fire seemed to be coming from the passenger side - so it wouldn't have been fuel related yet.

Sorry to see a 535i bite the dust.

Ross
11-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Yea, that makes more sense, especially given how they hang around when it catches fire.
I always think if I miss an oil change the thing will grenade. These guys couldn't break the motor by trying!

Derek A.
11-04-2006, 10:46 AM
I watched it again. Could not have been the catalytic convertor - at the end when he is revving it - the car is still quiet - if the convertor had blown apart the exhaust would have been much louder.

Lee in Ottawa
11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
heres a small vid from me

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...95662011871092

BigTed00
11-04-2006, 03:34 PM
def wasnt stolen, if it was they would be video taping it, and they sure as **** wouldnt have stuck around after it caught on fire

still unreal how they trashed that car. wtf were they thinking? What country is that from, its looks stupid

Dukes
11-04-2006, 04:00 PM
What I want to know is, if he wanted to put the fire out, why didn't he get people to go get some water, or help putting earth/grass on the problem in the bay. I mean, they had some time before it burned... and all they did was run around the car 200 times.... definately short on brain cells those guys. I wish I could read polish/slav or whatever it was to know more.

Actually he was throwing grass and dirt in the bay. It was probably the smartest thing he did at that point.

schnell944
11-04-2006, 06:41 PM
just crazy. I always thought that vid and this one were the nuttiest E34 vids on google: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1691073360056422069&hl=en

535i burnout video. It appears he gets a bit more of a burnout than he bargained for... apparently it has good tires up front and old ones in the rear that they were trying to burn off.

genphreak
11-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I watched it again. Could not have been the catalytic convertor - at the end when he is revving it - the car is still quiet - if the convertor had blown apart the exhaust would have been much louder.Good call re the centre bearing melting, but I don't think the cats blew up. They just tend to get so hot that they start melting things around them... there's insulation aplenty down there to deal with it, but this is extreme abuse- especially on cats if an engine is not running properly- 10% extra fuel cos the AFM and a host of other things are slightly amiss would have very undesirable consequences.

ILoveMPower
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
At one point I truely think he believes the exhaust air is going to put out the fire.

NY535iManual
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
My favorite part, really, is that these (I'll say it) ****tards actually seemed to be surprised at the fire. Everything, including the venerable 535, has hits limits.

CharlesAFerg
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
heres a small vid from me

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...95662011871092
bad link

genphreak
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
My favorite part, really, is that these (I'll say it) ****tards actually seemed to be surprised at the fire. Everything, including the venerable 535, has hits limits.Precisely.
Contrary to popular belief, I am firmly of the opinion that BMWs are not made for drifting. The independent rear is designed to do everything other than lose control. It is not a solid axle: it is independent and uses a 2-piece tail shaft- has heaps of noise insulation features and so on that simply don't take to this kind of abuse. Anyone that does this with a Bimmer is simply displaying their extreme ignorance of the extraordinary engineering that goes into making such truly great road machines.

On top of that they are sending their ride to an early grave. In the light of abuse like this, the occasional 'suicide under pressure' is perfectly understandable.

The pity is that the world would be better off without the drivers instead- and that is saying something as the world really doesn't need cars either...

Thayne
11-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Those guys are idiots.

Anton CH.
11-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the video. Good stuff.

///Metal
11-08-2006, 01:47 AM
translation of credits:

In red box: "And so ends the life of his "blackie".

Scrolling text.

Dzidek (That's the guy's name) is crazy... and not just on the road.

But that's why everybody likes him.

Greetings, Dzidek, and I wait for our next "actions."

Do I have normal friends? hmmmm..

Yes, but not too many. This is Szczecin afterall.

Here sick ideas are welcome.

///Metal
11-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Either stolen or borrowed. German plate, non German participants.
Looks like the cat overheated a bit, maybe raw fuel going in while bouncing on the rev limiter.
Amazing how much abuse a machine can take.

New EU Polish plates. Polish participants. According to the video, the catalytic converter caught fire first.

///Metal
11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
This video takes place in some shitty suburb of Szczecin, Poland.

genphreak
11-08-2006, 04:33 AM
This video takes place in some shitty suburb of Szczecin, Poland.Wow, I've heard of money to burn in Eastern Europe, but e34s? :( Thanks for letting us know.. it is pretty shitty there isn't it. It's horrible to say it but I think I'd be laughing if that guy had burned with it- instead of crying for another good e34 that bit the dust.... sniffs

///Metal
11-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Wow, I've heard of money to burn in Eastern Europe, but e34s? :( Thanks for letting us know.. it is pretty shitty there isn't it.

No. Actually, it is really nice for the most part. But just like everywhere else, even the nicest places have shitty areas. And it is in those shitty areas where you are most likely to find people like this.