PDA

View Full Version : And of course this one...

tdgard
10-24-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LqJtDP6ic

Fetch
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Is this by the Getaway in Stockholm people?

If not, ever seen those videos?
search youtube :)

632 Regal
10-24-2006, 10:41 AM
what movie was this from or was it a movie?

Jehu
10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Is this by the Getaway in Stockholm people?

If not, ever seen those videos?
search youtube :)

Oy Vey... Never seen the Arch de Triumph? C'est Paris mon frer.

Fetch
10-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Oy Vey... Never seen the Arch de Triumph? C'est Paris mon frer.

do explain

Jehu
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
do explain

Where are you a student? I think i learned about the Arch de Triumph , situated in Paris France in Elementary School.That was that big Arch shaped thing the car d rove around at one point. You know what an Arch is don't you? Think MacDonalds.... While i may not be fluent in French i can readily regonize it when i see it written.Educational Standards have fallen so ,sooo far. Its truely sad.. That clip was shot in Paris France.

Fetch
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Where are you a student? I think i learned about the Arch de Triumph , situated in Paris France in Elementary School.That was that big Arch shaped thing the car d rove around at one point. You know what an Arch is don't you? Think MacDonalds.... While i may not be fluent in French i can readily regonize it when i see it written.Educational Standards have fallen so ,sooo far. Its truely sad.. That clip was shot in Paris France.

oh wtf, I know what it is & what the French language is, I didn't watch most of the clip sheesh.

It looked like the filming style of the early getaway in Stockholm videos.

By the way, what is this Macdonald's you speak of?

tdgard
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
It's the whole movie. Made in 76 through the streets of Paris. It's a bit different than movies today being that it was done in 1 take with no road closures or effects. Rumor is the director was arrested when he first showed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27%C3%A9tait_un_rendez-vous

Yiorgos
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Yep, I have this complete movie on my hard drive, quite entertaining to watch.

For those who don't know, it's a movie made in 1976 of a camera strapped to a Merc 450SEL driven by Claude Lelouch. It would have inspired such "movies" as Getaway in Stockholm (also somewhat entertaining :p) but this is the original that started everything.

CharlesAFerg
10-24-2006, 05:56 PM

lol dude he asked who made it and if they were related to the getaway in stockholm people not where was it shot you oaf lol

I'm abslutely sure he knows what the arch de triumph is.

"If the movie was indeed filmed as Lelouch claims, it might indicate a criminally reckless disregard for the life and safety of pedestrians and motorists. Lelouch was arrested after the film's first showing, but later released with no charges. Daniel Swain, a reckless teenager, was also arrested after trying to replicate the path through Paris with his Nissan Pulsar. He was given a large fine, the amount of which he refused to disclose. [4]"
bahahaha yay for wikipedia

Traian
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
There's ads for this in Car and Driver every once in a while. Always wanted to see it, but you know, I'm too cheap to actually pay money for a 5 min flick hehe :)

Good find!

Btw when you're gonna tear someone apart, at least make sure you've got it right yourself: it's called (L')Arc de Triomphe...

He drives down this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ChampsElyseesArc.jpg) road. He sounds maxed out and it doesn't seem THAT fast for a Ferrari.

SC David
10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Parts of it seemed really slow to me for some reason. I guess because he wasn't passing traffic all that fast. Entertaining nonetheless.

Yiorgos
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
He sounds maxed out and it doesn't seem THAT fast for a Ferrari.

That's because it's not one :) He drives a Merc in that movie.