PDA

View Full Version : No solution yet

dcbimmer
10-24-2006, 09:51 AM
It's getting critical fellas I'm still trying to find a solution for my defogger. None of the buttons work. The AC the recycle or rear defogger switches don't work. All they do is flash on and then off. Anyone have any clue why these switches aren't working. I've check all fuses everyone is fine. When this problem was firsted noticed it was because the AC wasn't working. The pressure was checked and that was ok. Pleeeeease help I don't want to have to pay the dealer to fix this one.......

stu1
10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Checked the plugs are nice and tight on the back of the switches?

Stu

Felixdacat
10-24-2006, 06:41 PM
On my 89 535i I have relays, fuses, and a couple of computer boards under the rear seat on the drivers side. I did notice that one of the boards controlled the central locking system. I don't remember if any of these controlled the switches. Did you replace the switches?

632 Regal
10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
you really need a Bently manual to check things properly. If you are getting power to the fuses, check the fuse with an ohm meter incase of internal unseen damage. After you check them items time to check/swap the relays and see if that helps.

The AC has a high/low limit switch which wont allow the AC compressor to work, pretty common failure.