Found a M5T in UK and need his help on importing to TX

thanks

ricola
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Cool!

Elekta
10-24-2006, 12:10 PM
amethyst one with the 2 tone interior.
yep, Silber met 94 S38 2 air bags...basically same look as mine except with the alcantera sport seats and staggered M//'s...

I will have to part with my tourer but it won't be for several months just yet.

Elekta
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Still looking.

Could a mod or an admin please pop him an email and ask him to get in touch with me?

thanks

Paul in NZ
10-25-2006, 02:25 AM
I thinks we can forgive you for selling the 530iAt considering ...I sure hope you get hold of Matt,he will have lots of information for you ,and I for one woud like to know how he is doing.

Elekta
10-25-2006, 07:33 AM
I thinks we can forgive you for selling the 530iAt considering ...I sure hope you get hold of Matt,he will have lots of information for you ,and I for one woud like to know how he is doing.

For $22k I'd rather have the real thing. Then I net out whatever I get for the 530

Elekta
10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with M5T Matt P of Dallas????

Mods? Admin? Anyone?

TIA

geoff

MarkD
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Found a M5T in UK and need his help on importing to TX

thanks

He bought it from Will Zaraska, (willz.ca) who imported it.

MarkD

Kalevera
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Will Zaraska is the MAN to talk to about importing cars. Even has a converted touring.

An all around great guy. Except for the fact that he tried to buy the brakes from my car the last time I saw him. Ha ha.

By the way, Geoff, if you're really looking...start watching ebay.de if you aren't already. There've been a few on recently. I saw a nice Avus on Alcantara go for ~ 8g Euro a few months back. There's a silber one on right now with a BIN of around the same, but it looks a little ratty by my eyes.

MarkD
10-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Will Zaraska is the MAN to talk to about importing cars. Even has a converted touring.

An all around great guy. Except for the fact that he tried to buy the brakes from my car the last time I saw him. Ha ha.

He emails or calls me every few weeks to buy parts off the m5 wreck I bought.
(no parts are for sale, it's for my spare parts collection) :D

Here is a page from Will's site that may be of use: http://www.willz.ca/importing.htm

Will now has a location in Buffalo, for Americans who want to buy used parts:
http://www.willz.us

MarkD

Paul in NZ
10-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Ummm Geoff,why a UK car they will be RHD?

Elekta
10-26-2006, 07:38 AM
He emails or calls me every few weeks to buy parts off the m5 wreck I bought.
(no parts are for sale, it's for my spare parts collection) :D

Here is a page from Will's site that may be of use: http://www.willz.ca/importing.htm

Will now has a location in Buffalo, for Americans who want to buy used parts:
http://www.willz.us

MarkD

1. You cannot import any car into canada unless it is over 15 years old without extreme difficulty, or for a foriegn diplomat; this car is only 12y/o. Matt lost several months getting from Canada to the US, and might be able to help me avoid the same difficulty.

2. There has never been a RHD M5T which is why they are affordable and mostly garaged in the UK. Buying a Touring from the NL would be like buying an fj 40 right off the beach in anycoast USA...a little on the rusty side and driven hard, put up wet and salty.

3. MattP imported his into Texas where I live and want the Fed conversion to take place.

4. NJ and California import lots of cars, but I can't really monitor the progress from those places and I don't want Cali air ******** put on the car.

5. I have a contact in the UK to do the inspection for me, and to oversee the packing and sendoff. (I want the old cats put inside the car for instance, and a good tarp or coating before it goes into the container to protect from brake fluids from the car above it )

5. I wish I had the money to send two over here from the UK, because there is a nice green/tobacco 6 speed too

6. Kenny, he'd talk for sure

7. Zaraska in any other instance is the MAN. He sold me my bumpers, washing system and been invaluable in so many areas. He had the line on the silver Elekta with the blue interior that I just missed.

8. I need the reliable Houston contact

Matt P
12-26-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm still alive, though I've basically dropped off the face of the BMW earth this year :( I haven't checked in on the forums in 6 months.

I've sent Geoff a PM, and would be glad to help if I could, though it may be too late.

The short version is that I've taken on some huge work challenges and re-focused all my remaining time on the wife & kids Some days I even get a little sleep in. To better manage my time, I just went cold turkey on many of my spawling hobbies this year, including a lot of forums. It's paying off, and I'm seeing things get more balanced with more time to my self in 2007.

I've missed the M5T from time to time, but I wouldn't have been able to use it this last year had I kept it, and it's current owner is just a great guy and giving it proper care care and show.

It's good to see the foums as lively as ever.