PDA

View Full Version : minor check control issue

Russell
04-13-2004, 05:47 PM
owner's manual states that a chime and warning indication of "trunk lid open" is displayed on the check control panel when you first drive off with it open. My 95 525i does not seem to do so. Anyone with advice on what to check? I supsect it may be a trunk related switch.

Thanks,

Russell
04-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Any advice? Thanks!

winfred
04-13-2004, 09:04 PM
ill need to get back to you on that, i just noticed mine's doing that too last weekend, while driving home from lowes with a trunk full of kitchen cabinets, i happened to think why aint the computer bitching at me for a open trunk, do your trunk lights work properly too like mine? when i get time ill work on it, i've been up to my eyeballs in mechanic work at the shop, very little salvage work lately

Javier
04-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Any advice? Thanks!

Russell
04-14-2004, 05:32 AM
However, I have found owner's manuals for all vehicles to be a bit "dated"at times. I do have the '"door open" indication on the check panel when door is open and I start moving.

Russell
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Not sure if this year even has the trunk open feature.
Also not sure what mechanical or electrical switch activates the warning. Perhaps there is some sensor that checks when the car is moving that the trunk is open/closed.

I appreciate anything you can find out.

ill need to get back to you on that, i just noticed mine's doing that too last weekend, while driving home from lowes with a trunk full of kitchen cabinets, i happened to think why aint the computer bitching at me for a open trunk, do your trunk lights work properly too like mine? when i get time ill work on it, i've been up to my eyeballs in mechanic work at the shop, very little salvage work lately

Javier
04-14-2004, 06:47 PM
nt

Russell
04-14-2004, 07:01 PM
My manual does not state which door. I would assume all doors.

Javier
04-14-2004, 07:29 PM
release the breaks to let the car go a little, the warning should pop up inmediatelly. Then you will know wich doors trigger the warning.

Russell
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
release the breaks to let the car go a little, the warning should pop up inmediatelly. Then you will know wich doors trigger the warning.

Don McAdams
04-14-2004, 09:02 PM
say "Decklid Open" when one of the drivers/ passengers side doors are open. Kinda weird- always wondered why it never said "Door Open".... It does work when trunk (hatch) on the Touring is open-

Anyone know why in my case!?