PDA

View Full Version : fluids in your driveway

shogun
10-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Light brown or black stains (medium consistency) = engine oil

Reddish/light brown/black (thinner or thicker consistency) found near center of car = transmission

Reddish/light brown or Light Green (thin consistency) = power steering
system (use ATF in BMWs or Pentosin CHF 11 S hydraulic fluid in cars with rear self leveling)

Clear/Slightly Brown and slick (medium consistency) = brake fluid
Reddish/light brown/black (thick consistency) found at rear of car = differential fluid

Yellow/Green/ Pink/ BMW Blue and slimy (thin consistency) = coolant
Clear shiny liquid (thin consistency) = water (AC drainage)

Clear/Yellow (thin consistency) smells like urine = pee (probably from your pet, rodent, or teen-ager/friend/neighbor that got drunk the night before)

If I forgot one...feel free to add or correct.

Written by: QSilver7

Alexlind123
10-22-2006, 10:15 PM
lols at the last one

CharlesAFerg
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
I was lolling and i found #6.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
white sticky liquid by the passenger side door = last night's hot date spit rather than swallowed.

632 Regal
10-23-2006, 02:37 PM
pictures?
white sticky liquid by the passenger side door = last night's hot date spit rather than swallowed.

92E34
10-23-2006, 02:38 PM
#8: yellowish/clear/reddish fluid found at corners of car--> blinker light fluid.

Claude
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Light brown or black stains (medium consistency) = engine oil

Reddish/light brown/black (thinner or thicker consistency) found near center of car = transmission

Reddish/light brown or Light Green (thin consistency) = power steering
system (use ATF in BMWs or Pentosin CHF 11 S hydraulic fluid in cars with rear self leveling)

Clear/Slightly Brown and slick (medium consistency) = brake fluid
Reddish/light brown/black (thick consistency) found at rear of car = differential fluid

Yellow/Green/ Pink/ BMW Blue and slimy (thin consistency) = coolant
Clear shiny liquid (thin consistency) = water (AC drainage)

Clear/Yellow (thin consistency) smells like urine = pee (probably from your pet, rodent, or teen-ager/friend/neighbor that got drunk the night before)

If I forgot one...feel free to add or correct.

Written by: QSilver7

This help to pinpoint a potential trouble on the car, but could you also suggest ways to ged rid of all those stains on alsphalt driveway (to sip oil out of it) ?

Macv
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Thats what I thought this was going to be at first. Both are very handy.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
for concrete

TSP = trisodium phosphate
or

Muratic acid for bad stains

for asphalt black top = for a fresh spill, put concrete mix (just the powder to soak and bind the oil) periodcally reseal with black pitch. (oils deatroy black top and reduce it to gravel)

632 Regal
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I use cat litter (the clay type) and work it into the spill and sweep it away. Works great.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
the date or the "spill"

Musictone
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Reddish, thick (medium consistency) = BLOOD (WHICH MEANS STOP BEING LAZY AND TAKE THE CAR OUT THE DRIVEWAY FROM FIXING IT AND PUT IT IN THE GARAGE!

Ross
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
For concrete I have used lighter fluid, like for your Zippo. Just spilled it on wait a little while, brush it around and hose off. It removed VERY bad stains.

632 Regal
10-23-2006, 04:20 PM
the action shots...
the date or the "spill"

KenB
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM

That's what the little troft behind the handbrake is for...now how to get the skidmarks off the leather?;)

Jon K
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
You forgot clear and smells good = race fuel

BigKriss
10-24-2006, 04:40 AM
lol. is there ever a post that does not contain sexual innuendo? This has been going on for a while Bob.