PDA

View Full Version : 530i owners, come forth!

Antrieb
10-22-2006, 09:48 AM
So after putting back together (twice) we have an extra wire connector coming off the passenger side wiring harness.

Can a 530i owner go out and take their top cover off for me and snap some pics of where all those wire go? I think that may be why my car isn’t starting.

Any help is appreciated!

brosher
10-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey man,

Are you talking about up front by the air intake? For what it is worth my M60 has an extra connector. I believe one is for cars with ASC and the other is for cars w/out ASC. I'll go take a look and see if anything is notable...

-B

Antrieb
10-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey man,

Are you talking about up front by the air intake? For what it is worth my M60 has an extra connector. I believe one is for cars with ASC and the other is for cars w/out ASC. I'll go take a look and see if anything is notable...

-B
Yes thats where its coming from. I have the ASC button though...

I'll be working on it with my buddy today, if you have nothing to do and want to come up and help by all means do, I believe a free lunch would be in order too :D You still have my #?

brosher
10-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Shoot me a PM. How far from Schaghticoke are you?

Antrieb
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
10-15 minutes.... sending PM

winfred
10-22-2006, 10:25 AM
by the right side of the throttle body? theres a extra plug of two depending on model, the gray 3 wire goes to the icv, the black 3 wire with the thumb pressable clip goes to the tps and the black 3 wire with the flush clip goes to the traction control plate, black 2 wire goes to the air temp sensor, some cars don't have all of these connections and some do and still have a extra plug, extra plugs are not a problem if theres nothing to plug them into

Antrieb
10-22-2006, 12:55 PM
by the right side of the throttle body? theres a extra plug of two depending on model, the gray 3 wire goes to the icv, the black 3 wire with the thumb pressable clip goes to the tps and the black 3 wire with the flush clip goes to the traction control plate, black 2 wire goes to the air temp sensor, some cars don't have all of these connections and some do and still have a extra plug, extra plugs are not a problem if theres nothing to plug them into
Extra connector, weird but okay!

Thanks for coming over to help brosher!

brosher
10-22-2006, 02:18 PM
No problem, things that I can think of to check would be:

-gas in the tank
-that oil pipe, is it seated? Take a flat head and tap it towards the rear.
-double check those torx bolts on the back of the PCV plate, that one loose one can't be good.
-spray electrical contact cleaner on every plug you can find including the injector connections
-i thought i saw a injector o-ring in one of your tubs :-X

Antrieb
10-22-2006, 03:12 PM
No problem, things that I can think of to check would be:

-gas in the tank
-that oil pipe, is it seated? Take a flat head and tap it towards the rear.
-double check those torx bolts on the back of the PCV plate, that one loose one can't be good.
-spray electrical contact cleaner on every plug you can find including the injector connections
-i thought i saw a injector o-ring in one of your tubs :-X

We did all that stuff and got all new injector o-rings, so they're all set.

We noticed that the car is throwing a check engine light so we called up a BMW master tech we know and he said check the cam sensor so we're doing that now. It may be my next purchase :)