PDA

View Full Version : OT Submitting Tow receipt to Ins.

Jehu
10-21-2006, 02:46 PM
I had my '99 Chevy G3500 cargo Van towed twice this year . I paid the guy $60.00 cash each time and didn't get a receipt.I recently learned i could submit these for reimbursement to my Insurance Company. they said just mail in the receipts... I went to the Tow guy and asked him to write me two receipts. I had the receipts from the Garage to which he towed the van for work and he wrote them for those dates.The problem I think i have is the two receipts are numbered sequentially with about 4 months time intervening .I would think this might look fishy to the Insurance Company but i am also hesitant to contact them and tell them the story lest they see a loophole and deny the claim.Would you think seeing two bills with invoice numbers XXXX01 and XXXX02 from four months apart would likely generate some suspicion from an Insurance Company? I am trying to figure weather i should call and just say the originals were destroyed and i had him make new ones and include the mechanics receipts as well to substantiate that i had the car towed( it blew the oil pressure release valve both times, oil burst thru the oil filter seal.).That i couldn't drive it without an Oil Pump leaking all my oil all over the place seems obvious enough to me but would some pencil pusher at an Insurance company see that same thing? What would you do? Just submit the sequential invoices and say nothing? Call anonymously and ask the Ins. Co. what i can do in this instance to learn their policy? Ask if i can send copies and then xerox the two bills blocking the invoice numbers?Ask if i can send the bills with the Service work orders of the same dates to substantiate that i needed the tows in question? I just don't want to trigger any kind of investigation where they call these shops up and maybe piss off the mechanic and tow guy whom i may need in the future..

632 Regal
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
just mail them in and tell them why if they question it. Say when you paid cash the driver didnt give you a receipt fo whatever reason so you went to the towing company to get them and thats what they gave you.

Michael999
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Exactly what Jeff said.