PDA

View Full Version : Why is my OBC blowing the lights?

Johntee540
10-21-2006, 01:53 PM
The Dash Lights on My OBC seem to only last about 1 month these days. I replace them all at the same time with BMW Bulbs and they blow all at once after about 1 month again. The first set lasted about 5 years.

Can anyone venture a guess what might be happening? OBTW - the OBC functions fine through the dash dispay - JT

Bill R.
10-21-2006, 04:09 PM
part number is 62 11 1 368 299. The bulb listed in the etk is too low a voltage and wattage. The correct bulb is a 12volt 1.2 watt bulb. Your bmw parts counter guys should know this.

The Dash Lights on My OBC seem to only last about 1 month these days. I replace them all at the same time with BMW Bulbs and they blow all at once after about 1 month again. The first set lasted about 5 years.

Can anyone venture a guess what might be happening? OBTW - the OBC functions fine through the dash dispay - JT

attack eagle
10-21-2006, 11:18 PM
part number is 62 11 1 368 299. The bulb listed in the etk is too low a voltage and wattage. The correct bulb is a 12volt 1.2 watt bulb. Your bmw parts counter guys should know this.

however they rarely do...

especially when the listed but wrong bulbs cost so much more than the correct longer lasting ones.