PDA

View Full Version : E 34 stronger than new S Class !

Zeuk in Oz
10-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I was triving the E 34 today and drove to a client's for a house call, parking in their turning bay.

I was just about to leave when the lady of the house decided to also leave - and reversed her 2 month old $200,000 S class Mercedes into my car.

Basically a bumper corner to bumper corner 5 km/h collision.

The S class cracked and spat bits of plastic whereas my car looks unaffected.

I just smiled. :)

genphreak
10-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Basically a bumper corner to bumper corner 5 km/h collision. The S class cracked and spat bits of plastic whereas my car looks unaffected. I just smiled. :)CLassic! and well put. Check the gaps are ok, but yes they are very tough. The rear shock mounts should be inspected after a collision if you have any concerns, just pull the bumper off with your 17mm socket to see. Front ones are tougher to side-on hits. Hope she's okay and that the expensive toy took all the impact as it sounds...

GJPinAU
10-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Gave that mirkin a smakin'
Did you have to put it down? I know you have the means;)

Zeuk in Oz
10-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Gave that mirkin a smakin'
Did you have to put it down? I know you have the means;)
The car or the client ?

CharlesAFerg
10-20-2006, 03:44 AM
I was triving the E 34 today and drove to a client's for a house call, parking in their turning bay.

I was just about to leave when the lady of the house decided to also leave - and reversed her 2 month old $200,000 S class Mercedes into my car.

Basically a bumper corner to bumper corner 5 km/h collision.

The S class cracked and spat bits of plastic whereas my car looks unaffected.

I just smiled. :)

Which S class is this that's 200k? I detail a brand new 07 S550 and it was just about or around 90k picked up from Germany. (He's German, and has a home there as well. Pretty sweet deal I'd say.)

Zeuk in Oz
10-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Which S class is this that's 200k? I detail a brand new 07 S550 and it was just about or around 90k picked up from Germany. (He's German, and has a home there as well. Pretty sweet deal I'd say.)
S350 (bottom of the range) which is $187,900 plus on road costs and any extras - probably paid $210,000 or so for it.

These are Aussie Dollars = approx 75 cents US.

In other words, approx US $ 150,000 for the base S class in Oz.

Aren't you glad you don't pay those prices ! :)

Ariel525i
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
CLassic! and well put. Check the gaps are ok, but yes they are very tough. The rear shock mounts should be inspected after a collision if you have any concerns, just pull the bumper off with your 17mm socket to see. Front ones are tougher to side-on hits. Hope she's okay and that the expensive toy took all the impact as it sounds...

genphreak,

Regarding the rear shock mounts, what should be looked out for? What would be signs that the car was involved in a collision. Rattling sounds perhaps?