PDA

View Full Version : Experience w/ Flennor stuff from BMA?

M-what
10-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I just got my package from BMA with front & rear sway bar links, & rear pittman arms (dogbone). Although I ordered the Meyle over the OCAP brand they had, I got all FLENNOR. Looks like few people has had experience with them on their car. Any comments feedback would be nice.

Thanks

632 Regal
10-19-2006, 09:48 PM
meyle is total crap, the only exp i have is with Opparts and that was good. Im betting Flennor is much better then meyle anything. did you ask why they substituted?

Alexlind123
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I got Flennor dogbones, and they seemed like good quality. Only time will tell though, i suppose.

M-what
10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I had a chance to check the parts that was sent and here is my observation.

Pittman arm - looks good, pretty heavy duty.

Rear sway bar link - seems light weight, and on one of them, the metal insert tube pinched/cut the rubber bushing that surrounds them. Obviously it happend when the metal tube was pushed in.

Front sway bar link - appears to be stout. One bar has smooth moving ball joint ends at both ends. The other bar has ball joints that are bit stiff. Have to use some muscle to get them to move. Not sure if that makes any difference when installed on the car. Car's weight willl move it for sure when that link is loaded.

I will be calling BMA 1st thing in the morning.

BillionPa
10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
my meyle upper control arms are doing good so far... apart from the rust after 1000 miles the bushings are fine.

genphreak
10-20-2006, 01:06 AM
my meyle upper control arms are doing good so far... apart from the rust after 1000 miles the bushings are fine.I got Sagem (Belgian) upper arms. The bushings are now gone... stoopidly got stock e34 ones which hardly felt right anyway. I have a clunking noise from the crappy sway bar links, whose boots went dry and cracked at the seams within 3 months. Lemforder are the go, Flennor who knows... I thought Meyle was okay but more knowledgeable people always say they are real bad, so I wish you luck with those.

Be sure to raise it with BMA now, then give them a report once you've run them for a while. Be sure to inspect them carefully withing a year! :) Nick

M-what
10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
They are sending replacement F/R swaybar link. Flennor is suppose to be better product than meyle. So I will let you know in few months.

One more thing I noticed the rear sway bar link looks like its cast out of alum. or some other light weight metal. Has anyone replaced their rear sway bar link recently. What did you use, and what was it made out of.

Blitzkrieg Bob
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM
alloy,

Be careful I snapped one in half while changing the dogbones...put too much mojo on it while wiggling the arm/dogbone into postion.

clonetropper
10-20-2006, 03:41 PM
I just swap out LCA, tie rods and rear dog bone with Flennor. they look to be very good quality compare to the newer FCP Groton stuff.

Thrust arm I went with Lemforder and M5 bushings.. This arm is the most stressed part of the front suspension so I didnt mess around.

However with sway bar links and pitman arm. I doubt getting Lemforder will be much difference.

BillionPa
10-20-2006, 11:37 PM
the Meyle thrust arms i got are supposedly "upgraded" bushing types, whatever the hell that means, but i put a LOT of stress on them, and they seem to be holding up so far, so kudos to Meyle. they physically feel like the old Lemforder arms (weight, sound when hit)

as far as other components, i wouldnt put much faith in them and go with Lemforder instead.

in terms of Flennor, keep tabs on the bushings in the dog bones and the ball joint in the sway bar links, I would like to know how they hold up after 10K miles.