PDA

View Full Version : Radio not holding stereo signal.

Asharus
04-13-2004, 08:22 AM
For the past couple of days, my radio is having issues with FM stereo. The "ST" would be intermittent and when it does pick up ST, it sounds tinny. The signal is good, so does it mean that my stock radio is going? AM is fine, and so is WB. The CD changer performance is not affected.

1 anomaly I've noticed lately was when I turn the lights on at night, a buzzing sound, and then a pop would emit from the speakers. I have a sound system and it amplifies that sound. I've had my system installed for 2 years now so it has nothing to do with it. I have not tampered with anything since...

Any advice? I might just do away w/ the stock radio/changer and go with a satellite headunit, since Howard Stern is most likely going to be moving to satellite soon.

Asharus
04-14-2004, 01:56 PM
MP3/CD/XM headunit? I would prefer one with a stealth face over a detachable one...

Jazzman
04-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Maybe you just need to ease up on the gas pedal so the radio signal can catch up : ) !!

Jason
04-14-2004, 02:48 PM
I have a clarion, it matches the lighting, but im not such a big fan of it anymore. This is my second clarion, I had an alpine before an liked it alot. Nakamichi is a good product but you pay for it.