PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel removal on M60

MagicMike
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Does anyone happen to know what Torx size the bolt is that holds the Flywheel together. I Know that a special tool is needed but just want to know what size? Oh ya the car is a 94 530i 5spd.

632 Regal
10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
interesting, cant find a listing on Realoem.

JKBe30m3
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Does anyone happen to know what Torx size the bolt is that holds the Flywheel together. I Know that a special tool is needed but just want to know what size? Oh ya the car is a 94 530i 5spd.
I don't know what size it is but I have the tool. I had to buy it from and independent bmw shop. I looked everywhere(sears, snapon, mac, matco) for a torx bit that was that long and skinny and found absolutely nothing. I finally went a bought it for $60. You can't use a regular torx socket because the bolt holes are so damn skinny. You might avoid the hassle of buying and modifying torx sockets and bits and the headaches that go along with it and buy the bmw tool. But I believe it is a t60 if I'm not mistaken.

MagicMike
10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey thanks alot guys. I found this site just now and could not believe how much helpfull info it had. You guys might have use for it.

http://www.technictool.com/bmwtable.htm

Thanks again for all of your help